Poly bushes for the Golf

No. There's different levels of hardness. The hard ones are a bit too harsh for general road use.

Reply to
Conor

Look up the powerflex brand they are aparantly fantastic and I have put them all over my car front back engine mounts everywhere and think there the dogswhatsit. Quite dear but worth it.

Reply to
James

If you like squeaks.....

Reply to
cupra

Mines squeak free :)

Reply to
James

Apparently Super Pro make a different hardness for each bush according to how much compliance it needs. They're expensive (circa £100 for a car kit) but apparently the best. So I'll buy them rather than the £50 specials. I suspect any savings may be offset by swearing about s**te fitting with cheap ones.

Also: IIRC Burgerman mentioned making yer own bushes at some point. Practical for new engine mounts?

Reply to
Doki

If you are after them for your golf try speaking to AAT, they always do me a good deal on the bits I get from them or Awesome GTi were surprisingly cheap for a Mk2 golf set for my engine transplant.

Reply to
Depresion

Who are AAT? Are they all much of a muchness or not? The difference between the cheapest and "the best" is £60 for cheap, £115 for the best, and with less bushes in the kit...

Reply to
Doki

Doki

Ever heard of copaslip?

Reply to
Conor

No, they're not all much of a muchness. There's a big difference in the hardness/rigidity of the compounds available.

Reply to
Conor

That's them, they realy know there stuff so if you tell them what you want from them they will tell you what to go for. (Or equaly not to bother).

Reply to
Depresion

Bit of a PITA though. I want something that's not much harsher than a set of standard rubber bushes, but a bit better handling. I don't want to be shook to bits in a road car that will occasionally be used for 500 miles in a day. However, not many people buy 5 types of suspension bushes and compare them. PPC reckon that Super Pro are the best, but IMO most "how to tune" articles are written by ringing up one or two tuning firms and asking them what's the best. And TSR, one of the biggest names in VW tuning sell Super Pro.

Reply to
Doki

Mine have had everythingslip + 1..... they still need relubing every few thousand miles....

Reply to
cupra