Price of car too high?Will it run on unleaded?

The message from Adrian contains these words:

First time I went to Venice I nearly fainted when I saw a sign "£2000/kg" over a pile of apples. I'd not realised they used the same sign.

Reply to
Guy King

Pint + dry roasted nuts in our local = £1.90 (beer is carling extra cold nuts are kp)

/end of off topic randomness

Mason

Reply to
Mason

bearings. An

You're assuming that they are treated properly. How many people, other than the regulars of this group, do you know who treat their Turbos (or engines) properly? I don't think there are many people who would let a Turbo spool down. The Turbo could quite possibly be on it's way out. It's a good few years old.

=A3500 is quite a lot of money when the whole car only cost you =A3500! You'd need to budget for it when buying the car.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which can equally apply to *any* turbocharged car, petrol or diesel, over

50k miles or so.

No, you throw the car away if it dies. It's a calculated risk.

Reply to
Adrian

Peter, there is a bloody big sticker usually on the sun visor telling=20 you what to do.

Most people, even chavs believe it or not, want their turbo to last,=20 because a turbo car with out a turbo is just a car, and a bad one at=20 that.

Nah, you just think, do I want reconn, new, or chance a second hand one.=20 A secondhand one is between =A350 and =A3100 depending on how rare, and wit= h=20 a few checks can be as good as new. And why settle for an identical one=20 anywhay, when a stage1/2/3 will produce more power from same revs and=20 place less stress on the turbo.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oh, I didn't know that. I've never driven a Turbo, I've never been in a Turbo vehicle at all.

Come on, not Chavs! OK, so most people will probably look after it, but I suspect that a lot wont.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

were

The older it is the more likely it is to die.

Yeah, I think the original person said that =A3500 isn't a lot of money. In practice you probably would throw the car away, although a =A3500 Turbo may work out better than another =A3500 car.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Come on, not Chavs! OK, so most people will probably look after it, but I suspect that a lot wont.

Anyone, chavs included, will realise they won;t have a turbocharged car long if it's abused past a certain point. Considering Chavs it is most likely to be the most important thing in their lives, a lot of cars people call "chavved" have still had a lot of money spent on them, on maintenance as well as crap mods.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'll bet you have.

Reply to
Adrian

Sleeker GT Phwoar ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, there isn't in my turbo petrol XM.

Reply to
Adrian

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Explain, please?

Reply to
Adrian

Chavs abuse cars whether they have Turbo's or not. Wait a minute, Chavs can't usually afford Turbo's anyway. Anyway, if they did have a Turbo I don't think they'd treat it any different. This is Chavs we're talking about!

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

were

diesel,

With any 2nd hand car it's hard to tell how long it's going to last. A Turbo may last 200,000 miles, or it die at 50,000 miles. On average it's going to be somewhere between those two, lets say 100,000 miles. Now you're going to get (100,000 - start mileage)miles out of the Turbo, so the lower the mileage is when you buy the car the longer it's going to last. It could do 200,000 miles, but it's most likely to do the average mileage.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

were

Oh no I haven't. What makes you think that I would've?

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've never been in a diesel? P'raps a taxi, p'raps a bus, p'raps a train?

Probably

Reply to
Adrian

Thats not true, A "true" chav yes, but llately people refer to any car thats not modified to their tastes as "chav" as somoen who still regularly attends modified car meets I see lots of cars that would be considerefd as "chav" thats have had £thousands spent on the engine,

If however we mean your true chav then, no, they wo't be likely to own a turbo.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've never been in anything diesel?

P'raps a taxi, p'raps a bus? P'raps even a train, although we'll restrict ourselves to road vehicles.

Roughly 80%+ (probably more) of diesels are turbocharged.

Reply to
Adrian

Bus, lorry, minibus, coach, taxi etc etc etc etc.

A turbo diesel is still a turbo.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

(petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I do love it when you try and sound as if you have a clue, Peter. It's so funny. Here - let me hand you some more rope.

Lovely, 'an all...

But what's age got to do with mileage? You said "older". You didn't mention mileage. I said "any turbo... over 50k or so", and you brought age into it.

That fleaBay Bluebird had less than 80k miles on it, despite being '89. To *exist* at that age, let alone be fairly clean, it's very likely to have been looked after. That's low mileage for the age.

Let's consider this 2002 Primera, for example :-

Or this 2001 Avensis :-
Or this 2001 Rover 75 :-
As for this 2001 Octavia... :-
Yes, they're all diseasels. Turbo diseasels, though. The turbo is exactly the same technology.

But what about a turbo petrol?

Perhaps a Saab 900?

Adrian

I do mean a 'true chav'.