Price of car too high?Will it run on unleaded?

The message from Johannes H Andersen contains these words:

More likely it's no longer sufficiently uncommon to be worth commenting on.

You don't see Transits with 16V on the back either.

Reply to
Guy King

& I'm failing to think of any diesel car injector that wasn't multijet.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Don't know, the Punto diesel I learnt to drive in nearly 4 years ago wasn't a turbo.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I once had a FIAT 132 1981 model. I proudly announced "5 Speed" on the boot!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Sort of, but he actually made up for it later in the thread.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Really, both my Saab, my celica, and the Numerous petrol and diesel turbo Skodas, and Nissans that I have been in have had one.

As it is french, maybe the vibration shook it off with the trim :)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Agreed, but they tend to be "Low Pressure Turbos" in comparison to the old Lag'n'Boom creations of yesteryear.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

Ah, sorry, I meant that some industrial diesels have more than one.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Johannes H Andersen contains these words:

Even the Maxi didn't sink that low!

Reply to
Guy King

And was it the 1.3? I think not...

(He's talking about the new 1.3 multijet one, which, guess what, has a turbo. Just as it has in the corsa. Yaris? Same answer.)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Clive George ( snipped-for-privacy@xxxx-x.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Told you it was a very poor webshite to find anything on...

Soddin' kW/PS, too - 75PS, 55kW. Not 55BHP.

It's a feckin' Yaris.

Same car...

Reply to
Adrian

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Heh. I *think* there's a bit more to it, but gawd knows what...

Reply to
Adrian

Sleeker GT Phwoar ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep, small diseasels didn't used to have a turbo.

They nearly all do now.

Reply to
Adrian

Sleeker GT Phwoar ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Neither of 'em have had, and both are fairly solidly screwed together. None of the CX turbos I've driven have had, either.

Mebbe they assume Citroen owners can read, and might bother to look for the manual?

Reply to
Adrian

What, with talk of most small 1400-1500cc dervs *not* being turbo'd. Yeah, good point.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thats not a Saab 900, it's a Cavalier in a Leather waistcoat and Chaps.

That

especially
real Saab 900s.

And yes, if one came up at the right price I would favour the Cav in Leather and Chaps over a Cav, or most fords for the same money. Might have to think twice over an Audi though.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oh I don't know the engine size. Never asked, it went well enough to get a learner into trouble sometimes :) I liked driving it. Never seemed slow, mind you I had my own practice car too, a 1.2 Skoda Estelle. Now that could be slow, unless you drove it with passion and visited the red line regularly (after I fitted a rev counter).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sleeker GT Phwoar ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep, I know... I drove an E-reg 900i across the Sahara last xmas, remember...?

Reply to
Adrian

although the

I've just found a Toyota advertising brochure thing, and it has a whole page about their Diesel engine. It doesn't mentioned Turbo at all on the page, but does say...

"unusually high power outputs, equivalent to that of may competitors' similarly-sized petrol engines"

Acording to this brochure thing it also says that it gives 74bhp, not

55bhp. It gives 170Nm of Torque, which is LOADS :-o. Toyota seem to think it's an achievement. For a Turbo the output wouldn't be anything special, but if it is normally aspirated, then it's pretty good.
Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

message

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's cos the Corsa's and Punto's 1.3 Diesel is exactly the same!

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk