LRP in Unleaded Car

Hi,

I am a little confused here, I think I have put unleaded in my new VW Polo. Thing is, while walking back to the car I noticed that the pump that I thought I had put the fuel in from was Four Start LRP and not super as I had just assumed (on auto pilot).

Now, looking on the internet it seems that this wouldnt have been an empty task, I had completely filled the tank up (50 litres) from red light warning and readingposts on the internet the holes are completely different so I shouldnt have been able to do this easily (or without getting petrol all over me).

So my question is, how hard is it to fill up Four Star LRP from sainsburys when you have a new unleaded car? And if I have, will a 1 tank of petrol harm the catalytic converter? Whats my best option?

Anyw help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Paul

The message from Paul contains these words:

If your Polo is actually "new", not just new to you then I don't think you could have managed to put LRP in it as the nozzle should have been too big to fit in the tank neck.

Reply to
Guy King

Its brand new, only a few weeks old, and this is about the fourth time I have put petrol in it.....

Just really paranoid now

Craig

Reply to
Paul

the nozzles are dif. you cant get a lrp into a unleaded only car hole.

Reply to
Neil

Did you pay for it? If so, what did the receipt say?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

The message from Paul contains these words:

Don't forget to explain to the cashier!

Reply to
Guy King

: the nozzles are dif. you cant get a lrp into a unleaded only car hole

Does it make any differece that LRP is unleaded?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

This is sainsburys.......... and I paid for it with a debit card just says £45 worth of goods. When they asked if I wanted a vat receipt I said no.. I guess that might have been more descriptive?

Cheers anyway

Reply to
Paul

I don't think it's as harmful as if you put a tank of real leaded in :-)

After a few tanks the cat can 'recover' to a certain extent.

Reply to
john