pug update

Well just an update on the 205 for those who care, those who dont then why the hell are you reading this????

New exhaust has arrived(due to be fitted over the weekend) and looks quite erm lovely to be honest Grp N system with a piper backbox to go on (single

3" rolled tailpipe )

Full service was carried out as per the last update although there was some confusion over where the oil went. Hunted round the rocker cover no oil cap hmmmm. pulled a breather off and thought about pouring it down the dip stick then sat back and did some head scratching, A quick call to Jimmy soon allayed my fears of blindness by advising me that oil is filled up via the breather next to the inletWTF WERE YOU THINKING PEUGEOT?

Solved the crashing from the front end after a good inspection revealed that the bolt in the suspension arm was the wrong one and short on threads and loose(enter scary thoughts of death here)

Now we're down to one niggling problem(the dizzy) when previous chump has fitted the 1900they've used the 1600 dizzy and managed to damage/gouge/break the retainers, result is a dizzy cap that moves about a bit thus running is a bit different at times :)

Other than the dizzy and the fact she needs a wheelbearing(bastard pressed in jobbie) i'm quite happy with my 150 quid buy. plans for the next few months include a quick coat of paint,(not too keen on the slightly rough silver) so we're going either Audi light blue or a nice white pearl.some new wheels (15" 1.9 rims when i find a set. Konis are still to be fitted although that may be done tommorow afternoon if i can be bothered.

Other than the sensible suspension mods and the slightly rortier exhaust from the sieve like standard item thats to be removed. I'm planning on keeping her as she is. Yup you heard right, no big rims no mi16 lump no nos no stripped out interior, I'm happy with my piece of 80's nostalgia. (Classic insurance is nice too)

will get some piccies up sunday when i get a shot of a digi camera to try (would put some phone pics up but they are crap)

Reply to
Rob

damage/gouge/break

Does the Dizzy perform any advance / retard operations on the Pug? If so, and you have the 1.6 diz on a 1.9 the advance curve will be all wrong for starters. Find a decent 1.9 diz.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..