Ping: Doki

Nah, probably Snet or Rockingham later this year. Fooking busy until the

25th or so of this month, and then I'm in Australia for a month...
Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled thus:

Hmm, I'll let you off then heh

Reply to
Abo

Any where near Perth?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Probably not. Somewhere near Melbourne IIRC.

Reply to
Doki

Sell Perth to me Fraser, I'll be in Aus. in maybe 12 months

Reply to
fishman

It rocks. Sunny, great beaches, no crime, you can buy a V8 for f*ck all AND afford to put petrol in it. And more beautiful women than anywhere else this side of the beach in Rio.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

But, is that all compared to the rest of Aus or the world in general...?

Reply to
fishman

Who won then?

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled thus:

Not us (#9). We had fuel problems in practice/qualifying/race 1 and kept trying to sort it out. We are showing as Not Classified although Pete finished the race, and they have us down as completing 26 laps. Tp score points you need to complete 75% race distance which means you need to run

26.25 laps which isn't possible (running a quarter of a lap and stopping means you don't finish the race...) so Pete is contesting it... Daz's team (#55) managed 17th out of 27 in the first race. Timings here:

Cured the fuel problem before race 2 (it was a carburation issue) but Pete had to start from the back of the grid. He managed to carve his way through the field and finish third which was pretty cool. He pulled off a sub 40 second lap in the process (only the second driver ever to do it, the first being the #16 who did it a couple of laps earlier setting a new lap record) and missed the lap record by 0.15 of a second... The #55 finished 17th again:

Abo

Ought to stop using Carbs then. I get the impression nearly everything is controlled though...

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled thus:

Yeah, carbs are mandatory, and only two types are specified: Dellorto DHLA

45's or the Weber equivalent (can't remember what they're called). They're trying to keep the racing as close as possible so if they allowed the use of injection or throttle bodies then the rich teams would just buy brand-new, best they can buy and spend good money on mapping them, while the poorer teams would just scrape by with what they can afford.

Embarrasingly, the fuel problem was caused by a blocked filter inside the carb itself (leading to the float chamber). We had to fit a larger tank due to the increased race distance and something too fine for the in-line fuel filter must have got through...

Reply to
Abo