Re: Bollocks. VAG strike again, twice in one day.

we also have a soft touch 99 audi dervmobile here too :)

puts the 2 new octavias to shame with their lack of damped grab handles and ciggy lighter covers :)

Reply to
Rob

Erm, the VR6 is way too heavy to be sticking up front in a MkII Golf.

The best conversions are 2lt 16v from a MkIII or a 1.8T from a MkIV, 'cos they don't make the car a nose-heavy, under-steering heap of shit.

Reply to
SteveH

Which should lead us nicely onto a long thread about the fact that it's the owners' faults for not checking and topping up the oil.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm just going to leave it at the fact that Bosch bits are more often than not the reason why Alfas break down these days.

Reply to
SteveH

Not a problem, you haven't heard of punctuation either.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh no I have heard of it, I just don't use it :-P

Reply to
ChromieVandy

Hmmmm, Dervy advocating 5k oil changes and now calling arse=ass. What's going on, Charlie brainwashing you ? ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Nah, it's a long term plan to get his hands on all the in-laws' cash.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Oh. Here was me thinking it was sordid sexual fantasy involving SteveH and a donkey.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Mah, a 5,000 oil change interval is too long for California, it's more like

2,000 miles, perhaps 3,000 miles.

But you're right, I should have written "arse," heh.

Reply to
DervMan

What's the engine got to do with anything?

Reply to
DervMan

You too huh?

Reply to
Iridium

A world of ewwww.

Reply to
DervMan

You 2 disgust me.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well of course you will...

Like I said, a failed AFM on a VAG (TDI at least), won't actually make it break down...

An engine that completely fails isn't something you tend to find in VAG stuff - gearboxes on the other hand can be a bit fragile and fail prematurely.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

The problem with running a lot of engines low on oil is that the owner who does it doesn't always suffer from it - it's usually some poor mug 2 or 3 owners later when the car has done 80k+ miles who gets the bill.

Reply to
SteveH

Well they shouldn't be so pikey then, and they should buy a newer car hehe ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

And yet you don't see nearly as many blown VAG or Honda cars with blown lumps on the market as you do Alfas...

So even if we apply the above logic to the debate, it still determines that Alfa lumps are inferior to VAG and Honda ones, simply because they're fragile by comparison.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Yes, but you live in the frozen north where houses cost about as much as a packet of crisps, so all the chavs can afford them ;-)

Seriously, though, 156s and 147s are everywhere, 'cos they found their way onto a lot of company car lists.

Reply to
SteveH

Correction *were* everywhere, until they self destructed.

Reply to
Steve Firth