Re: Car Battery Tips

My battery exploded last week - shit myself. Mind you, twas my own fault - I'd left the charger on too long and forgotten to loosen the fill plugs - build up of gas and there you go, that'll be another 30 and a new pair of pants.
--
Ken Davidson

I had one blow up last year - had to go and get a hosepipe quick, to wash all the acid out of my engine bay :D As the OP states, you've gotta be doing something with the battery, in order to blow it up !

Eh ?
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:42:01 GMT, "Theo"

Solvent.
--

Dave

GS 850 x2 / SE 6a
snipped-for-privacy@nothotmail.com says...

In the right circumstances, with the right acid, adding a small amount of water to a large amount of acid it can react violently.
But conversley, adding a loads of water quickly to a smallish amount of acid will dilute it enough.
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

wash
Whichever is true, I had no choice. I could hardly just leave the acid in there, eating my engine/electrics/transmission :D