Re: Drink sends 1,000 children a year to hospital

> Mr Shalley described the sale of cans of lager for 22p in some

>> supermarkets as irresponsible and called for tougher restrictions on >> pricing. >But you can't get very drunk on *that* lager, it's so weak! I bought a >case one time many years ago when we watched a footy match at a mate's >house and after drinking all 24 cans I was nowhere near as pissed as I >would have been with even Carling-strength lager...

It's 3%. So the 24 cans you drank were equivalent to 17.5 cans of

4.1% Carling. But it only cost you £5.28 which would have bought you just 11.5 cans of Carling at the same supermarket.

Still doesn't match "White Lightening" cider for the greatest intoxicating effect for your money. Though Asda brand vodka will allow you to kill yourself with alcohol poisoning for only £5.

Reply to
Cynic

It was only 2.5% IIRC. I suspect I was pissing it out/metabolising it nearly as quick as I was drinking it ;)

Reply to
Abo