Re: Goddam Fleet Department

'Drivers may choose a petrol or diesel vehicle from the standard Renault

> range - Laguna, Megane, Clio or Scenic/Grand Scenic - up to the maximum > level of Benchmark vehicle indicated for their band' > > > > 'Band G (me) is Renault Laguna D Dynamique Sport DCi 120 5dr Estate Manual > 1900cc'

Seems OK to me. Tax will be cheap, it'll be comfy, loaded with toys and not as slow as you think.

Reply to
SteveH

And any reliability issues won't be his problem.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Unreliable as f*ck. A few guys in my department got them last time and they were plagued with electrical problems, from the starter button not working, to one guy's Laguna deciding to shut itself down in lane 3 of the M1 while he was overtaking something. Another team member had her's delivered and it refused to start when she tried to drive it for the first time. The company swapped it out for another identical model, and it broke down and refused to start again before it had even left the car park. I'm not kidding!

One guy was so pleased when a van basically peeled one side off his Laguna, because he was so fed up with it going wrong and the damage looked bad enough for the insurance company to write it off. He was gutted when they repaired it!

Reply to
??? Abo ???

They will when I'll be stuck at some random part of the country, getting home late as f*ck because I have to wait for the RAC to come, and then for them to drive me home at 50mph...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Anyway, back to the original question - does this mean they've changed from a policy which completely excludes renaults to one where you're only allowed renaults?

I wonder if this is due to customer demand, ie you keeping asking for the fast clio :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I reckon it was some balls up/someone misheard/chinese whispers in the fleet department.

Heh possibly :)

Reply to

That's how it used to work. We had a list of vehicles; a selection from Ford, Vauxhall, Nissan and Renault. You picked what you wanted, and if you had money spare on the monthly lease then you could choose what options you desired up to the maximum monthly lease cost. No chance of paying extra yourself on our 'need' car scheme. That (like opting out) was for middle managers upward only...

Now the need car scheme limits to Renault only, and I still can;t get a straight answer to what sort of car I can order. And as far as options go; well, the email mentioned we can have metallic paint. I still can't get an answer on if we can order other options.

Reply to

right then, it may be that they have made a deal with renult and they have a batch of very similarly speced vehicles standing on the forecourt thats probably why they've given you a definitive list of what you can and can't have

Reply to
dojj