Re: how to make a complaint

thats what i was thinking should i just talk to the main man rather than the head honcho at the dealership? if i were going to ask for the faulty component to be refunded then thats what i would have had to do in the first place anyway, the parts guy was only trying to be helpful in that they would have replaced the part AND had my tracking reset for free (and even then, they would have have got a reimbursment from head office)

thats fair enough if the part wasn't designed to do the job it was doing but you fit one part (like someone mentioned) to a fairly braod range of vehicles and then say that it's not meant to fit model X but model Y, it's not really fair is it

Reply to
dojj

[snip]

If I only knew five percent about writing as you do about motors...

Reply to
DervMan

Well, it reads as though it's not the famous turbo Sierra, so we don't really know.

Sounds like a mis-match of bits to me.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd do both. Speak to the dealership manager and also the people at Frod. But don't tell the manager that you're going above his head.

Reply to
Malc

i'm going to change the offending part first, then try to get a refund on it but seeing as how the parts department is the same as the service department, i can see things getting a little tricky a disguise might be needed :)

Reply to
dojj

:) cheers mate :) btw, just been on microcat and they seem to have the same part number listed for the sierra as is on the invoice but when you look for the one for the granada, it's strangly been deleted!!!! you can't buy a granada tca from ford as it's not on microcat!!! the funny thing is though, you can buy the balljoint on it's own AND the dust cover strange, but true

Reply to
dojj

" dojj" wrote

Probably. "computer says no"

Mind you I have little experience of Service Managers. Parts desks yes, but not Service Managers...

Reply to
fishman

Why do people insist on having opinions on, and more to the point, feel the need to share them, on things and people they obviously don't have a clue about ? :(

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

You're either a troll or an idiot.

Reply to
Mason

Smae here, he also presumes i'm a moron rather than actually thinking :o)

Computer sez Nooooo *cough*

Mason

Reply to
Mason

The message from "Tony Bond \(UncleFista\)" contains these words:

Welcome to usenet!

Reply to
Guy King

That is true

You may not be aware of Dojj's in depth knowledge of Sierras. It isn't the combination of parts that is at fault, it is a shoddy part, and bad service from the garage. If you had seen some of his past creations, you may well realise that Dojj has forgotten more about Ford's and their problems than the average dealership spanner monkey has ever learnt. I know the kind he describes too, the kind that can't tell the difference between a guiness fart and a Newcastle brown fart, with the ODBII diags stuffed their arses.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Beat me to it :o)

Reply to
Mason

So you took your modded car to a main dealer? Now you are surprised they couldn't do anything? Just be happy they haven't broken anything. The only time a car should see the dealers is the day it's handed over to you. Complaining to Ford will get you nothing but more agro they won't give a toss about a £66 part, they probably wouldn't care if it was a £20,000 car as long as they already have your money.

Reply to
Depresion

If it doesn't have an error code on the ECU then don't expect a dealer to find the problem, I sometimes feel you could put a brick through a window take it into a main dealer and they would turn round and say there's nothing wrong with the car the ECU fault codes are clear and to come back next week if you still have a howling gale blowing into the car and glass on the seats.

Reply to
Depresion
[..]

Yes.

Kill them. Kill them all.

Reply to
Witteryfuchery

What is it?

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Probably. "Computer says no".

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

a mad, 24v 4x4 Sierra twin turbo estate...

Reply to
Pete M

he is anything but there are several sorts of car modders those who have lots of money those who do things on a budget those who are kevs and those who, like the majority of us here, do bits and bobs with their cars to make them better by utilising the best parts from others in the range and, as the majority of the group falls into the last category (cars and car conversions or practical performance car types) I think you need to lurk a bit more

a little "sorry" wouldn't go amiss either when you decide to grace us with your presence again

thank you for reading :)

Reply to
dojj