Re: how to make a complaint

I think you may be correct in that assumption but I like a challenge :)

Reply to
dojj

My advice is to go to the service manager and *shake your fist* at him

Reply to
fishman

: > it's still a bodged together mix of old / new / : > non-standard parts, and as such the warranty is likely to be void. : : Not on the parts.

Many parts warranties say, effectively "This is only guaranteed if yyou use it in the way we intend you to" So you can't, for example, fitr suspension bits from a Ka to a car weighing twice as much and then get them replaced under warranty when they snap.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

: and if I had known it was going to fail, I would have spent £15 on it from : the local motor factors

: so, with the sierra and Granada stuff all but perfectly interchangeable, why : has the tca failed?

It's a reasonable question, but I'm afraid that using it in a non-standard way (even if it's actually a reasonable way to use it) will have blown all your warranty rights out of the water. If they are only fifteen quid from a motor factors, why the fuss? Just buy one from 'em.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Almost all do. But what about fitting a Mondeo brake pad to a Mondeo brake caliper to a Mondeo brake disc to a Mondeo hub on a Ka?

Reply to
DervMan

LMAO

Reply to
Nom

Probably fine, but you can't expect the manufacturer to do a full engineering analysis on every warranty claim. Hence "use it the way we say or tough". That's life, I'm afraid.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

fishman

Reply to
dojj

it's the agro of the rest of it greasy footprints on the carpet and a greasy steering wheel amongst others if they had said that they weren't going to honour the warranty claim due to it having non standard suspension fitted, then, fine but they couldn't even diagnose the fault, and when challenged, admitted that they were looking on the wrong side of the vehicle and I don't mind being a pain in the arse in those circumstances :)

Reply to
dojj