Re: OT: I want a speedboat

Douglas Payne wrote in news:4sk2pgFuvme7U1 @mid.individual.net:

I bet your van goes faster than the majority of speedboats. And uses > less fuel. And is an altogether better proposition for use on roads. >

Heh, the one thing you have to get used to is ignoring miles per gallon, and swapping to gallons per hour. Then the mooring charges. Etc.

Reply to
Tunku

Mooring at sea can be cheap. Paying road duty on boat petrol bites.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne wrote in news:4skbo6F100q57U1 @mid.individual.net:

Sorry, I was assuming fresh water.

Reply to
Tunku

Yeah, dunno, depends where Doki wants to use his boat really. Boats float better in the sea, and generally there is more in the way of waves and wind and stuff.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm not entirely serious. A) You can't get much further away from the sea than me. B) I can't even afford a second car...

Reply to
Doki