Re: OT: Lost that house I was after.

Don't forget -

> they get paid a commission, so the more money they can screw you for, > the more they make. Estate Agents are people who want to get rich > quick, but also have to balance this against losing a sale. If you are a > weak > >

The seller also has a legal obligation to make as much as possible from the sale before pursuing the previous mortgager for the balance.

Reply to
Elder

?_a=view&id=1244671 Are these any use? Or is that first one far from Wodkatown? The second looks OK ish in the blurred cameraphone photo.

Reply to
Steve Firth

%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's a fair few retirement flats/bungalows around here at prices significantly below market average - because there's a covenant or whatever on the development to actively prevent under 50/55/60/whatever year olds from living there.

Reply to
Adrian

I don't think that there's a convenant on this one. It is on the former council estate in the village, which is quite tiny as such things go, being originally built as "social housing" for farm workers.

It's perfectly adequate as housing goes, I guess. I rented ones in worse condition as a student.

Reply to
Steve Firth

First one too far, would close to double the commute, and that is long enough already. Second one is in an area I've been warned off from. I did initially consider it. Plus, I've seen some later photos with even more of the windows boarded and the missing concrete panel wall gives me some clues about the locals.

Ideally I need somewhere which is a bit old fashioned and grotty, but totally solid so I can move in quick and decorate/individualise. I need to get out from under her feet before things turn nasty.

Reply to
Elder

Looks like the offer on the house was genuine. They have updated the rightmove listing with the new offer.

But I am going to view another vaguelly suitable house next saturday AM. Only a 1 bed + a converted loft (not another bedroom without building=20 regs) but it is only =A345k list price so should be liveable looking at=20 it.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder