Re: Rallying, why it's dying out. <rant>

Just had something to eat and thought it'd be a good time to sit down

> and watch the Portuguese rally on CH4. I've always liked rallying so you > can imagine my horror when the announcer said during the ad break before > it "Now on CH4, WRC with Jo Caulfield". >

How did you watch it on CH4 when Dave and Eurosport UK have the broadcast rights in the UK?

This year is a bit quiet. A couple of manufacturers have dropped out to do development for next year as there's some rule changes coming up. Subaru, for example, had become quite uncompetitive and Petta didn't have a good year last year which didn't really help them when they launched their new 09 car. In addition to that, there are some rounds not being run as they're on a two yearly cycle but a couple of new ones, such as Poland, have popped up to take their place. One good thing to come out of it is that Rally GB is a few weeks earlier.

Reply to
Conor

Cracking film, that.

Bit twee in places, but overall excellent... especially when you think Clint Eastwood must have been 77 when they started filming it.

Reply to
JackH

Good film. Clint playing just about all his other characters in one role, you could spot all of them. His last film perhaps? I reckon so, especially with that ending.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Ah but this time he admitted it was because he was enjoying himself too much.

Reply to
Conor

Might have been Dave, whatever... :-p

Reply to