Re: Right, it's that time again.. <bugger>

I'm not even considering a move to Dervy type "SENSIBLE" and buying

> something that's good on fuel, or heaven forbid, Diesel (although I do like > TD Xantias, to my eternal shame).. I'm not sad enough for fuel logs etc yet. >

See if you can find a diesel Huge Dodge ram pickup. Would be great on fuel and great in traffic.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Don't suppose you'd fancy another Carlton GSI 24v?

It may well not be for sale, but I could ask........

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, jeremy decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ok, so I didn't put "reasonably reliable" down. Sue me!

I love Citroens, but even I'm not certifiable enough to actually pay money for an XM.

Reply to
Pete M

In news:9M3ld.100$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Arghh. I would have another one.. but I'd prefer a decent 24v Senator.

If there are any left, or did the rear wheel arches eventually meet the front ones in a big line of rust on them all?

Reply to
Pete M

What sort of MPG would that Dodge Ram give?

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

That was how they were meant to leave the factory, except they never got around to perfecting the speed-oxygenation process on the bodywork in the confines of the factory.

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Lancia Thema Turbo SE with all it's electrickery toys and alcantara, YKIMS.

Still on ebay for a silly low price.

Reply to
SteveH

Strangely, I quite like 'em too. But not at those prices.

Reply to
SteveH

Not a lot.

Reply to
SteveH

But it's a 6 litre oil burner, so better than a petrol one.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

My mate's got one he paid £250 for 2 years ago, the only thing he's had to do to it is rewire a small loom. I wouldn't buy one myself, they're not my thing, but damn is it comfortable.

Reply to
jeremy

Probably something like 25-30 GPM I'd say

Reply to
jeremy

lotus carlton :)

Reply to
Vamp

silly maintanence, but unrivaled for ownability, a proper silly silly car.... lovely

Reply to
Theo

Ah, so better than the equivalently powered/torqued petrol then.

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

yeah, that's about 40gpm.

Reply to