Re: Rover P5 Mk1 - Very expensive exhaust system. HELP!

forget it, straight thru pipe cherry bomb on end and spend rest on a wicked sound system with 2 12inch subs and 500w amplifier

Hi > > My neighbour is in the process of resurecting his 1962 P5 saloon from its > fifteen year slumber, but is having trouble sourcing a new exhaust system. > > Current quotes for a MILD Steel system have been in the region of £380 - > rather excessive to say the least. > > Anyone know of anything a little more realistically priced, or have any > other exhaust related ideas? > > Cheers, Max
Reply to
tentguy

"tentguy" wrote in news:bg04f9$ncv$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com:

Thanks for the tip, whilst I'm 20 and can appreciate your suggestion, the owner of the car is retired and may not.

Hmmm, a 'gary boy' P5, that's a novelty!

Reply to
undercover elephant

Have you tried Powerflow?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

I've just had a stainless exhaust made at Long-Life exhausts. Despite it taking longer than they originally quoted I'm happy with the end result and the price was quite reasonable.

Before anyone asks, I have nothing to do with this firm other than having recently used them.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin

Lordy wrote in news:MPG.198e669cddc67ef1989d42 @newscache.cable.ntlworld.com:

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll pass them on.

Cheers, Max

Reply to
undercover elephant

Take it to your local Powerflow dealer. They'll custom-build you a full stainless system, for a few hundred quid.

Reply to
Nom