S-10 4 banger muffler

Looking for a "deep" sound for a 4-banger... any suggestions? Hence quotes around deep... something "deep" for a 4-banger. thanks in advance.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Flowmaster Hush II doesn't sound too bad...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Any 4 banger sounds like a fat bumble bee to me..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

In that case I'll just stuff his "fat bumble bee" truck up your ass.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

They sound more like farts to me!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

HE HE HE HE HE

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

I feel bad for you... must live in a horrible environment.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Most of the fours in this area all seem to sound like ducks in a blender, or a poorly tuned weed whacker.

Reply to
Steve W.

I feel sorry for you, driving a truck with a 4-banger!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

He can always install one of them fancy chrome watermelon tips, you know, the ones the size of a basketball?

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

I call those fart cannons! The big, huge chrome mufflers with a 6" tip on it! We have a TON of them around here. Thank God that between my exhaust and stereo I never hear em.'

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You're lucky 'cause they sound like shit!! Bb

Reply to
Bob

Actually, I drive a Mustang GT with a V8. My friend drives a truck w/ a

4-banger. Bite me.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Better off to keep the GM 4 banger on the down low... they sound like shit no matter what you do to them.... Honda's sound better then the GM

4 bangers.. Good luck anyway
Reply to
Mark

He he he he, friggin' Ferd driver.....figures..............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Don't tell him that a 4.3L S-10 with a few mods can give that Mustang a run for his money.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

they're super prevelant here too... lately there's this guy driving around with a 98 or so Chevy C1500 w/t with a 4.3 in it... the guys had it painted, an Escalade front clip, headers, 22" wheels, Gibson exhaust, etc etc. when he hits the gas though.... there's no mistaking the V6... sounds only marginally better than a 4 banger, but still very farty.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Sounds like the wing nut that I worked with for a bit. He had a Camaro with a 4 in it. Thought he had the world by the tail.

Reply to
Steve W.

Damn straight! My wife's 98 Sonoma SLS w/4.3 and 4L60e (3.42 rear) goes like a bat outta hell off the line. Smokes my old girl (88' C1500, 305, TH400), but hey, mine faster.

My duals fell of the other day on the way to work (both rusted out at the same time, go figure) so I grabbed a Thrush Magnum Glasspack and ran new exhaust that exits right in front of the rear wheel. Nice, deep tone and only cost me $40 for all the parts for a new exhaust system. Had some 2

1/4" pipes in the garage from the El Camino which I just cut to fit, fabricated a few exhaust hangers, bought two 90*'s and voila, instant noise. It amazes me that Dynomax and Flowmaster sell kits like I made for $40 for over $200.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

The 2.2L in my 2000 Sonoma sounds pretty nasty with no exhaust... I found that out when the muffler inlet cracked out and I had to take the muffler off. I had an extension pipe laying around the garage so I put that in it's place. Gawd, after 2 weeks of driving around with that straight-pipe, I finally got time to go to the parts store and get a Cherry Bomb Turbo-II muffler to put on it. It doesn't sound too bad... but no 4-cyl will ever sound good. EVER. V8's naturally sound good, and some V6's can be made to sound good... but no 4 Cyl will ever sound like anything but shit.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell