Re: Saddam??

>>I must admit - I am inclined to agree with Ken here.... Killing him will >>just make him into a martyr... > But letting him live will just give a live figure head to fight for and > try to free.

No, Rudolf Hess was imprisoned for all of the remainder of his life at Spandau, and at no time did German citizens rally to him as a figurehead of the deposed Nazi state.

The death penalty is entirely unacceptable, full stop. We should not become like the monsters we oppose.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve? Where the devil have you been?

Reply to
Iridium

Hess wasn't the leader of anything important like the invaded country that peacabley went about slaughtering it's own behind closed borders though. Especially when the natives don't want the invaders there, anymore than ordinary Joe invader on the streets of baghdad wants to be there getting shot at.

Reply to
Elder

Umm you seem to be forgetting who Hess was.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not the leader of a country though was he.

Reply to
Elder