Re: Throttle Bodies

Thats to look pretty.

> > A lot of cars using TBs use the same kind of filter as you would use for > a sidedraft carb setup. > > As had been said before, either a mesh screen, or sock filters on each > TB, or a combined single foam filter on a baseplate/airbox containing a > cotton/mesh filter spanning all four/6 TBs

Does that bugger up pulse tuning?

Reply to
Doki

Heh, I've only read about it in C&CC. It's a way of exploiting the resonant frequency of the trumpet to give more power at certain points in the rev range, and I was wondering if a foam or paper filter would provide damping, and hence bugger things up. Remember your physics lessons :P.

Reply to
Doki

Pass, all I heard then was a "whoosh". Was that something going over my head?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

It could alter the resonant frequency so would have to be allowed for in the design. If there was one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Depends on the length of the trumpet, air speed through it, filter material etc.

You can use a an airbox that covers all 4/6 trumpets to your advantage by posistioning a plate in it at the right depth to reflect the pulse back down the trumpets, much like we have on the race cars.

So to answer the question, yes and no.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Nah, you get a foam "sock" that fits over each trumpet.

You can't run your engine unfiltered ! It wouldn't last long at all.

Reply to
Nom