Re: update on the BMW!

lovely shiny new straight 6 lump :)

you lucky lucky man now thats a get out of jail free card and a half :)

Reply to
Rob

watch it, remember what happened last time you were careless.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I take it you mean Carless. And you shouldn't be. Demand a courtesy car. Tell them if they can't you will hire a hummer, and present them with the invoice and the petrol reciepts.

After hearing that, you might get a something for a couple of days.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Working away from home.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In theory it was caused by imported high sulphur petrol and once the damage started it failed quickly. But that was some 7 years ago. 160k

*might* just be plain old wear and tare.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd be interested to know if you get a brand new engine or just a new block and maybe rings.

Reply to
adder1969

IIRC block and pistons.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

didn't say a new engine said be like one though!

new block and pistons and other lil bits that go in the bottom! should ride and sound sooo sweet! might need to change the back box and let the sound out that 2.8! :)

Reply to
Vamp

Let's hope you don't get the BMW monkeys who usually work on my car doing it.

Reply to
adder1969