Re: Wheel upgrade or is it madness?

The ones on Nom's look pretty good (see the wellcheap.com/gallery)

I think that the standard Ti rims look really nice, though the 17" equivalent from the later 820 Vitesses look even better.

Reply to
fishman

There's a handy script from one manufacturor here:

they've got a rover 600, so you can see what the various wheels look like.. quite like the R38 or R39s.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

yeah they are nice wheels.. you're right, that is white and too bright for the 600, but the "tinted silver" on the GTs looks that little bit too dull for my liking... hmmm

Reply to
Bigus

Didn't Nom buy those off Bigus in the first place?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No, Lordy did. Nom's came from the local boy racer emporium.

Reply to
DanTXD

Too many alloy wheels.

Too many TIs.

Hot damn. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You know what oversupply means. One of these TIs could be your next car!

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Indeed. Incidentally, not many people seem to be replying to this thread . Do you think the deliberate vulgarity in the first sentence put them off, or is it because I have terrible taste in wheels, perhaps? ;-)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

i didn't like the current wheels or the previous wheels or the wheels on the link LOL so sorry mate maybe you do have a bad taste in wheels?

good set of 5 spokes should do it if you find the right design! don't get narrow spoked ones though unless your gonna get bigger brakes as it'll look silly :)

Reply to
Vamp

But the Celica (when the tyres wear out) is getting set of something in white, either Oz Superturismo WRC in White, Compomotive TH3's or a decent white chunky tarmac 5 spoke, unless rare rims have some nice from Rota in a 17" in white.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah, the R39 does look quite good. Shame it isn't white though.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

For £150 :D

(two tyres were shafted though, so they cost me about £250 in total)

Reply to
Nom

Eugh, both have way too many spokes !

If you're looking at multispoke rims, then BBS-style 18" jobbies are your only choice really.

Reply to
Nom

Multi-spokes are generally the best looking rims available, if you're after a 'classy' look.

But - as Bigus implies - they're a bugger to keep clean...

Reply to
LordyUK

Yup, precisely.

Bigus