Rear brake calipers

How the *f*ck* do you get them back on without cross-threading the mounting bolts?

I'm working against the tension of the anti-rattle springs on the top of the pads, and it's bloody hard work.

Reply to
SteveH

You weedy man. It's hard work but achievable with a bit of strength.

Reply to
fishman

Dunno this type, but use clamps etc to pull it in place? Other thing that might do it is a ratchet strap? (wonderful things for pulling anti-roll bars into line)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even a G-clamp wouldn't get it lined up properly.

Then I discovered that there were another couple of turns of the piston to go, and that sorted it.

Reply to
SteveH

they did that anti roll bar trick on wheeler dealer :)

Reply to
Vamp

Ah - right. First thing I used years ago on the SD1 was a Haltrack engine lifting block and tackle - the type with the nylon string and red plastic pulleys. But because of the lashings etc it had to go under the engine and be fixed on the other side. The ratchet strap simply goes round the subframe on that side and does it in seconds. It's a bit oily afterwards, though. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)