Removing BMW 155mph limiters...

Just you mate. I'm standing in as token mad Australian.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

/Pete M goes Dervy... sort of.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Do you mean with any car or an M5?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My, admittedly limited, experience of the V8 M5 suggests that it's hard to tell the difference between 40mph and 140mph as a passenger heh.

That's cool :-D

Reply to
Iridium

Fantastic thanks Tom :-) Basically, we're planning a road trip possibly late this year, probably Spring next year tho, to take in the Nurburgring, Monaco and the Milau Bridge - possibly not in that order. The route will be taking in some autobahn time just so we can say "We've been on an Autobahn" heh - so it seemed fitting we stretched her out ;-). I don't know the guy with the V8 too well, but one of my close mates has the model before M5, the, what was it 3.8 straight six? That's a lovely car for an oldie hehe.

Reply to
Iridium

Leave the limiter alone. It's fitted so 18 year old cars with 250bhp can hunt them down and wave goodby when they hit the limit.

Reply to
Peter Hill

I don't beleive a 200sx with 250bhp will do a genuine 155mph heh.

Reply to
Iridium

How much does a lightly modded 200 SX do? I know sweet FA about them apart from the fact that one with a large 'zorst and a older chap in his 40s tried, and failed to race me in the last Saab 900 T16 I had. Either that or he gave up at 135. M6 Toll again ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I went on the M6 toll just before my surgery. On a completely unrelated topic, allegedly the 206 will do a GPS verified 130mph. The book speed is only 126 heh. I think it was a slight downhill and I had a tail wind (on some private land, nothing to do with the M6 Toll...). It was actually surprisingly stable though.

Reply to
Iridium

Not only did i double sig, I also forgot to mention, one of my good mates who has now moved away has a 200SX with a de-cat, exhaust and filters etc and IIRC he reckoned it was good for about 155 on the clock. Now I think about it though, an 18 year old one as Peter suggests must be the earlier the model, the 180SX or something?

Reply to
Iridium

I dunno...find a big enough cliff....

:p

Reply to
Conor

I bet it feels a bit different from the pilot's seat.

Reply to
SteveH

It'll be a s13 200sx Peter's on about as the s14 onwards is limited to

155 mph even though it'll only do about 145 mph as standard.
Reply to
James Grabowski

I'm more the Anti-Dervy.

I *enjoy* using fuel if it's being used in the right manner.... why else would I have a turbo Range Rover.. hardly there for the MPG, so there must be something fun about it ;).

The Golf, unfortunately has a fuel computer - or 'scrooge-o-meter'. The challenge with that is the highest average speed for a token mpg. Best I've done was 68 mph average with 48 mpg.

Reply to
Pete M

Does more for the top speed though.

My Volvo had a limiter, to keep it within a tyre rating band I think. Chiptune sorted that and found a few extra ponies too...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Brakes and suspension do more for you more of the time.....

Besides, a 155mph top speed is pretty useless, other than for pissing competitions.

Reply to
SteveH

If you've got a really long test track, wind it to the limiter in 5th then change up.... I seem to recall a "design fault" that the limiter only applies in 5th gear.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You seem to be avoiding answering the questions I raised by lying about me, as is your right I suppose.

I'm not the most prolific poster here, but I read over 90% of all posts and have done for years, if I have something positive to add, I will, if not, I won't post. See, "that's" the difference, I won't try to belittle people 'cos I don't agree with 'em and have some need to feel superior.

You know very little about cars, engines suspension etc. but like to make out you do, what little you like to spout is all 2nd hand "internet" information, you have no interest or knowledge of car modifying.

Every time you have a go at someone 'cos you don't agree with 'em, it says more about you than the person you're attacking.

My questions still stands, why are you here[1] ?

[1] As before, I'm still not trying to seem "superior" or being arsey[2]t's a serious question. [2] See your post above for example.
Reply to
Tony Bond

there's a clip of an S13 on youtube somewhere keeping up with a lambo. guy at work used to have an S14a which was a hell of a lot faster than my bog standard MR2 turbo. i reckon he must of been pushing over the 300bhp mark with the pace that thing made and defo not the standard 7secs 0-60mph. still no idea what the top speed would be. my MR2 was limited to 112mph like all jap cars till the converted the clocks into mph which put the 180km/h to

180mph which the car couldn't do but the limiter was there just couldn't hit it :)
Reply to
Vamp

huh slightly jealous you won't get bored of the noise either!

taster for ya

sounds super sweet!

Reply to
Vamp