RIP TVR

Factory closed.

Looks like they'll move production abroad.

Reply to
SteveH

Shit, they only announced last month they weren't moving to the new facility but were going to stay where they were.

Any link for this?

Reply to
Elder

SteveH

Just saw this on the news. Shame really. Although, I suppose build quality probably won't be affected heh ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

This new 8mb broadband totally rocks :) Especially considering Demon were kind enough to up it for free hehe. I realise this has nothing to do with TVR, just thought it was important to mention mwaha.

Reply to
DanTXD

Yeah, it will get better.

Reply to
Elder

I know a girl who used to work for TVR doing the elctrics. I'm saying nowt ;)

She's a lovely lass...

Reply to
Abo

.JPG?

Reply to
DanTXD

Unfortunately not; she's a collegue and works at our Lytham St Annes office. I'm back in the north east and, while I get over there pretty regularly, our paths don't often cross as she's moved onto a different project...

Reply to
Abo

Enjoy it while it lasts, once a few more people are signed up onto your exchange and it becomes congested you'll wait months for BT to upgrade it while you enjoy a virtually unusable connection in the evenings. BT's ADSL Max implementation so far has been a joke - see the forums on adslguide.org.uk for evidence.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

?

Reply to
Burgerman

Play hell at an Airport what?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Good job I'm on a business connection with 1 in 10 contention then and live in a village where the average age is 102 and I'm pretty sure no one else has broadband ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

What the hell is that???

Reply to
Abo

You ADSL'ers are n00bs; really. Cable broadband is the way forward, I tell thee.

10mbps and whether it be 4, 5 or 6 am or pm, I can get full speed off the majority of resources I use. The only time it slows down is when the connection leaves the LINX to head abroad.

All we need now is Telewest and NTL to get their fingers out and sort the cable networks to allow for greater upload.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Someone who has a really bad time in an MRI machine.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

British people bought the TVR because it was idiosyncratic but British. Can't see them buying one built abroad. Or it making much difference to non UK sales.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"DanTXD" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

The only broadbander in the village eh? ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

"Burgerman" wrote in news:ulwZg.21179$Or2.15196 @newsfe7-gui.ntli.net:

FFS Burgerman !!!! It took me a minute to realise there was somebody under that. :-0

Reply to
Tunku

No cable in my area, despite it being a very densely populated part of inner London.

Reply to
Tom Robinson