Robin Hood

I mean the kit cars (obviously). What do people think of them? Specifically this one:

Personally, I like the sound of it and would be very tempted.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Do more research......

Reply to
Tony Bond

I looked into it a bit back as the kits are put together just down the road. The general concencus of uk.rec.cars.kit* was that Robin Hoods can be built into nice cars, but the kit's generally s**te quality and needs plenty of fiddling to put together properly. In the end I ended up thinking that if I were to build a kit car / locost, It'd be an MK Indy.

Reply to
Doki

Ah crap, hit send too early ;)

They're big heavy agricultural machines, quality is crap, things don't fit, they're made to the cheapest of the cheap standards to lower the bottom line, avoid :(

Go to a kit car show and have a look around, every manufacturer I've seen has better quality cars.

If you want a real se7en for a low price, check out the Indy by MK, it won kit car of the year this year.

I bought my front 'bones from MK,TOP quality.

Reply to
Tony Bond

Bwaaahahahahahah... I was semi involved with the Robin Hood things about 15 years ago. Bloke who got me into rally prepping cars in my youth was something to do with the Robin Hood design. I spent many an afternoon messing with one, Dolomite Sprint engine in it. Spent about a year messing with it in the rally garage, trying to get it "just right", but it was mainly on quiet weekends and it was him a lot more than me. I did a fair bit on it and never even drove the bloody thing.

I spent most of my time either building a Ferrari Daytona replica or fettling an Alfa Romeo powered Talbot Sunbeam. Then one weekend the Robin Hood was taken away on a trailer and replaced by an XR3i... which he converted to RWD and I shoved a Rover V8 in. Much more fun.

He is a top botcher though. Good guy!

Reply to
Pete M

Not too bad on paper, if you can continue to get the return on investment:

Questions

Thats how i found about them. Was reading the for sale advert in Autocar!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I thought it looked too good to be true!! But then again i've always driven cheap crap cars so i would probably feel at home :) I wouldnt be looking at something that was top notch quality, just something cheap and cheerful that i could have a laugh in. But not looking seriously at the moment anyway, just an idea i had whilst bored at work today. Would be at least 2 years away before i got something like that.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I have had two - they are cack. If you can get an Mot'd one for about 1500 quid and run it then sell it then you're fine. If you're spending more, get an MK indy. It's a no-brainer really.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You get what you pay for !

For that sort of money, it can only be poop.

Reply to
Nom

If your after an MK Indy, have a look at this:

Built by my brother, now on eBay.

Matt

Reply to
dirtycow