Rockingham

Went to Rockingham yesterday, what an awesome place. Me and Dad were lucky enough to be given some free tickets along with access to the Porsche hospitality suite and a breifing with Tim Harvey prior to a Porsche Carrera Cup race, which was all good. But the racing there is great and the view from the grandstands can't be beaten as you can see virtually all of the track so you never miss an incident. Best racing came from the Clio Cup and of course the BTCC who were knocing eachother about all over the place.

So, what other events do they hold there? I see they're holding a stage rally there in December, but I'd love to go back and see a NASCAR (or similar) race using the oval but the calendar on the website only covers

2009. Anyone (Abo?) got any clue about events in 2010?

Ta

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, the grandstand view from there is great; also check out the top of the garages if you're watching races with pitstops. I was lucky enough to see Champ Cars and the pit stops were quality when viewed from there :D

I haven't been this year, the team isn't racing. The driver/owner runs a hauliage company and the recession hasn't been kind... Hopefully I'll be there next year though.

Our races are over for the year ar Rockingham, the last one was the week before the BTCC. Not sure about next year's calendar...

Reply to
Abo

Yeah, good eh! I turned up there once when out and about driving. A few years ago now. Managed to drive right in to trackside. There was a fire engine doing hot laps. That was a surreal sight :)

Reply to
fishman