Knockhill Aug 16th..

Sunday, BTCC.

I stopped following touring cars a good number of years ago (in fact, there were RS500's in it the last time I went...). Anyroad, I'm taking my father as a treat and I'm wondering what/where/when etc as regards to -

What support races do you see now? Wheres the best bit of Knockhill to plant my arse? Whats the best time to arrive? etc etc

That kind of thing. I trust there will be someone here who can furnish me with the lowdown?

Reply to
tomScotland

From memory (and from what I remember from ITV4) there's

3 BTCC races 2 Porsche Carrera Cup races 1 Formula Renault race 1 Clio Cup Race 1 Ginetta G20 (juniors) Race 1 Ginetta G50 Race

Have a look here at the timetable for the Donington meeting a couple of weeks ago, it'll give you an idea at least

is also handy.

hth

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

I went last year and met up with Tim S Kemp and the AstraVanMan and there was some sort of SEAT cup, junior Ginettas, parade laps for charidee, some parachutists and ladies with tight trousers.

There may well have been more racing, but thats all I took photos of. I was quite impressed as there is something on nearly the whole day.

The que of traffic was smaller from the Dunfermline end and if I'd timed myself to arrive about half an hour after the start of proceedings instead of 30 mins before, I would hardly have had to que at all.

I came from the Kincardine end.

For viewing, we just moseyed about during the day. There are some places infield where you can see quite a lot of the track and they had big screen coverage at the hairpin.

The weather can do anything. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Unlike many circuits, you can see all of it from several 'free' points. I rather like the bank close to the pits. The centre - by the control tower

- tends to be full of midges ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The outside of McIntyre's is good. (It's probably something else now, but I refuse to accept sponsored corner names.)

If you had been standing there the year that Tarquini rolled the Alfa 155, you would have seen the whole thing from start to finish as you see from Duffus right through to the chicane. Far more action here than at the hairpin.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cheers all who replied, thank you. Some points to consider.

Reply to
tomScotland