RX-8

Isn't the engine in the 618 the 1.8 K-series? I thought t'was.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

IIRC it's the Honda donk. The only Rover engined 600s are the 620ti and the

620d
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, the 1.8 and 2.3 are both Honda units.

Reply to
Lordy

and the non-turbo 2.0 is toooo.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well twist my nipples and call me frank, I didn't know that. Well, I knew the 2.0 and the 2.3 were honda lumps, so I suppose it makes sense....

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Now that I didn't know, thought it was most probably a NA 'T' or a 'M'.

Reply to
Lordy

Nope, definitely a Honda unit as the gearbox was on the wrong side.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They put the gearbox on the outside ?!! :)

Reply to
Lordy

Tara, Beetle, Trabant.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Did you mean Tatra? Aircooled V8. I bet that sounds stark raving mental.

Reply to
Doki

consider nipples twisted frank

Reply to
Vamp

Cooking model 600s can look a bit rank, yea. The revised ti ? nah.

Reply to
Lordy

Tacky awful Halfords raiding s**te.

Thought they'd be right up your street (see above for reasons).

Now a 385bhp RWD Rover 75 on the other hand, I suppose I could live with that.

Reply to
Lordy

here...have the *t* you missed out.... :P :P :P

Reply to
Theo

yup

LOL na i hate lax power s**te

hmmm i'd give it a go i guess :-P

Reply to
Vamp

Nope.

Reply to
Nom

Nope. They were Rover's older 2.0 engines, and were only found in the 200/400/800. By the 600's era, they were onto Honda lumps.

Reply to
Nom

Spot on.

Reply to
Nom

Everyone I've ever spoken to thinks they are a nice looking car. I really don't see how they could be classed as "ugly" anyway, because all the design elements are well-balanced and proportioned. Some of them can look very "average", which is why I think you need a decent set of wheels.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Nice pair of legs on that second ones ;-p

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus