More breaks

Right last nite i nearly went up the arse of somone cos of break fade.

What im thinking is putting the 406 V6 breaks on the front on mine to replace the small ones. Any one know how easy this is to do?

Reply to
Cheater2k

brakes.

Reply to
Theo

You beat me to it :)

The 406 Coupe has Brembo 6 pots all round. Find them and fit them.

Reply to
Dan405

Oh, and if brake fade is causing you to nearly hit people - you're too close, breaking to late, or charging up behind people WAY too fast - i also suggest a course of advanced driver training :)

Reply to
Dan405

I know, i spelt it wrong

Reply to
Cheater2k

To expensive to buy :( plus, its drums on the back on my car, and i cant be arsed changin the rear sub frame.

Reply to
Cheater2k

I have been tought advanced :) IAM standard anyways.

Its a big problem with my car for some reason, i get brake fade very easy after a little bid of hard driving, i gave plenty of time, just wouldnt stop.

Reply to
Cheater2k

You're more unsafe than me! Get off the road you lunatic :P.

Reply to
Doki

Hey Rob, I hope it's "ironic" that you spelled that wrongly, too! ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy

LOL, atleast im attempting to uprate my brakes though to keep up with my driving.

Reply to
Cheater2k

So why do you continue to drive like a tit? If you can't stop in time you are driving too fast and too close.

;)

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X

Obviously not how to spell.

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X

Thats why i want uprated to brakes, so i can drive like i do and stop in time :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

Just change the fronts then?

The V6 brakes should fit under fairly easy. You'll need the cylindar probably, the calipers, discs, pads, it should just be a straight swop...

Reply to
Dan405

To be fair, if we all had a fiver for all the times Doki said he was gonna do his brakes we'd all be loaded :)

Reply to
Dan405

This is of course a very good point which i may have overlooked....

If they are a different stud pattern you'd obviously be looking at quite a lot more work...

Reply to
Dan405

Are the V6's not 5 stud, compared to other models 4?

-- Chet

R19 16v Turbo - Under Construction R21 TXE - Under Destruction

Reply to
Chet

I dont think they are, all 406's are 4 stud.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Have you tried the basics first - change fluid, preferably to dot 5.1, and got some decent pads (M1144s are fecking good)? Have you tried bleeding the system? You may have some air in it. Are the discs in good nick? if they're getting thin they lose their ability to dissipate heat (bad!).

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I take it by 6 pots, you actually mean 4 pots? ;) And i shouldnt think it has them at the rear either

Reply to
Carl Gibbs