RX7 Any good ?

Hmmm, thats the post that confused me. Thats why I asked for clarification.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

All JDM cars are limited to 180kph. Really annoying but probably a good thing on public roads.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No, they don't.

Even with Ferrari's, it is sometimes hard to believe how basic maintenance is not done. I have seen cars with shining bodywork, 15 years old, 20.000 km on the clock... and still on their initial oil, cooling water and brake liquid, all nicely with cracked tires.

Gearbox?! Is there oil in the gearbox?

I guess some oil, a filter are indeed very expensif. But the interieur, that is treated 1000 times with leather protection...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

speedlimiter -

Believe it's 112mph they limit at, and you can mod them to remove this... it doesn't restrict it until it hits that sort of speed, and the JDM models have about 15bhp over the UK spec ones, as standard.

Looks like I may have raised enough capital for the yard already, so may end up keeping it. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

'Wot 'e said'

Cheers Fraser.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Both Golf + insurance is a damn rip off! :-)

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

clarification.

If it's any help, it goes goes off the 120mph speedo, before it limits itself.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

ROTFL...

A dark graphitie grey, almost black.

JDM

"Que?"

"Manuel..."

It's showing 76k kilometres... until I get the history sent through, no idea how genuine this is.

All I can say is, no wear on the seats, minimal stone chipping on the front.

At this money, I tend to judge on how it drives anyway.

If 'VFD' means 'LCD fuel and temp gauges', then it has that.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

You just know he's dribbling onto his keyboard now ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

Tell REMUS that insurers only rate the GT4 as a group 4, jobs a good un. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yeah, sorry, I said 120 before. although quite often, depoending on how accurate, they tend to indicate arround 120 anyway.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You know you want it really... ;-)

*sigh*, the other current car, a s**te old towing wagon, appears to be in a bad way... so the Prelude may have to go yet - swap / PX considered on anything man enough to drag a car on a towing dolly, on a regular basis, and preferably an estate.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I really can't. With what I've spent on the Celica, and the bits I have ready to be fitted (Put the MBC on last night, insurance company were cool. Didn't really know what a "Relief Valve" was, so I had to explain, what a difference), I really need to be looking at another year at least, the bring the age/mileage ratio back into line, tart up the bodywork, and sort a few bits, making worth the most, to get the most back, so that it has been reasonable value for money.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar