second cars?

actually spending the years commission before i've gotten it really :) i'm considering a second more practical motor for later this year into early next.

credit cards are paid off and my MR2 will be paid off soon so i'm sorted really, might spend less on a second car but like the idea of an old BMW

Reply to
Vamp

Well if I hadn't sold it at the weekend you could've had this off me:

Auto and RWD!

There's always my Micra

Very economical and quite fast (I had it off the clock) with a fantastic interior...

Reply to
fishman

i hope you're taking the piss :)

Reply to
Vamp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

you want my Merc, you do...

£600 and it's yours.
Reply to
Pete M

BMW 525SE but you'll only get 2MPG more.

Reply to
Conor

Very underated Gangster style motor. So smooth and Wafty.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

as=20

One of the GT4OC guys has a Merc 190e EVO (The Cosworth one) if you are=20 interested in a replacement. Not sure where abouts or how much. Waiting for more details.

"hello mate u no anyone who may be interessted? my bro has an cosie for=20 sale soon. we have had it for 3 years or so! full Original leather. LHD=20 original totally, stunning. " The photo supplied with the message is definatley an Evo 190, not a=20 Sierra or Escort.=20

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I'd love one, but they're above my limit normally.

Unless he wants a few hundred quid for it....

Reply to
Pete M
[...]

Even the auto? It has a dumb 3speed.

Modern adaptive autos are fun, 3 speed slushies tend not to be.

Alistair J Murray

our=20

I think it might be over your limit then. It looks in bloody good nick,=20 mind you it might suit the hire business, for someone who fancies=20 playing DTM on the M62.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Thank god that it doesn't have folding rear seats :D.

Reply to
doki

Yup - are there many 1.9TD 406 autos about though?

A 2.3TD Carlton auto would be a good bet. Carltons are RWD, are excellent cars in many respects if you get one that hasn't rusted to death, of which there are much less these days as a lot of the ones left are the good ones that have been better cared for. The engines are very sluggish, but fine for traffic, and not terrible once they're on the motorway. And they're a lovely comfy car. But there are much better diesel engines out there.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'd look for a decent Omega 2.5TD - the BMW oil burner is a very good engine if you're that way inclined ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Heh, just check how much oil's in it before you fill it up, eh Pete?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No idea, but there's a shit load of em on AutoTrader - so surely some must be autos ?

You've just reminded me about the 2.1 TD in the 406 :)

I'm not sure the 406 Diesel Auto actually existed until the HDi lumps arrived ? Can't seem to find any 1.9 / 2.1 Autos on AutoTrader ?

PEUGEOT 406 2.1 TD, R reg. white, has not been a taxi, 2 owners, slightly above average miles, long T & T, all electrics, FSH, recent timing belt fitted, very good condition, excellent driver. £1,050 . ono.

1996 P Reg PEUGEOT 406 2.1 TD GLX 4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Diesel, 158,000 miles, Met Red With Black Cloth Trim. Colour Coded Bumpers, Service History, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Power assisted steering £995.

Either of those two would make an excellent second motor.

Reply to
Nom

Why not go retro jap. Get yourself a big Toyota or Datsun 2.6/2.8 auto jobby, something like a=20 Toyota Crown.

Get it in suitably 70's brown, with beige velour interior. Something that would look totally naff, but in a so cool retro way. And=20 still have some go to it.

plus, if you can find one, there was the old original Datsun Skylines in=20 Auto.

RWD, 2.4 injection engines, very nice in a big old way. Cheap non-MOTers=20 go for about =A3500, good ones go for a couple of =A3K.

Maybe give that type of car a lowering job, some whitewall tyres and=20 maybe a back box to sound beefier, and just leave it at that. I'd do it.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Why not go retro jap. Get yourself a big Toyota or Datsun 2.6/2.8 auto jobby, something like a Toyota Crown.

Get it in suitably 70's brown, with beige velour interior. Something that would look totally naff, but in a so cool retro way. And still have some go to it.

plus, if you can find one, there was the old original Datsun Skylines in Auto.

RWD, 2.4 injection engines, very nice in a big old way. Cheap non-MOTers go for about £500, good ones go for a couple of £K.

Maybe give that type of car a lowering job, some whitewall tyres and maybe a back box to sound beefier, and just leave it at that. I'd do it.

You have little arrow at the start of sentence issues when posting from wherever this was posted from :) It happens to other people replying to you, not just me!

Anyway - brown cars are NOT cool....

Reply to
DanTXD

E34 BMW 525. You'll get an excellent late one with VANOS and that lovely 5 speed ZF auto. Which will give mid 30s on a motorway at even vaguely legal speeds. Town consumption depends very much on the traffic and how much you boot it, but an overall of 24 or better wouldn't be unreasonable if you're not doing lots of town rush hour commuting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't know wht mate.

I've using Gravity at work and at home, and I'm still using the german=20 server as always.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Anyway, back to the subject

jap but looks fun, in a Swedish kind of way. Would be a giggle. Quality German.
Nice solid big lumpy and british.
Different, but needs work.
Very rare and stylish italian.
One for PeteM's Hire company.
Oldskool toyota
Oh now this would be nice to Waft along in, but a bit new
Now this one I would love to give the Retro-J treatment to. Just needs a Lancer or Starion turbo motor in.

Sleeker GT Phwoar