The Pug Moves!

Hey,

Anyone who remembers my old Pug 305.. well, I finally got it moving again. It's been sitting in a carpark since I bought my (now sold) 924 over a year ago and it last started and turned a wheel maybe 9 months ago. I Finally, FINALLY sorted out the engine starting problem.

It fired FIRST TIME!

Drove it round the block twice, it seems OK. Next I'll try to MOT it. Should be fun. Still dunno if I'm gonna sell if after all this or drive it again. I'd love to keep it - I don't think there are many other fuel-injected 305's knocking about. It's fast for it too, understeers like no tomorrow though!

Must've looked a sight driving it round.. it's covered in a thick layer of dust, with various stuff people have written in it.

Rock!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Nice one mate. Good to see it's back to life. What do you reckon it was then? Just everything too damp and cold over the winter? Things have warmed up, and it's dried a bit, and taken all the damp out of the ECU?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Did you do anything, or did it just fix itself ?

Reply to
Nom

I reckon it is damp in old electric. Been a lot warmer and drier lately, so the damp will gradually work it's way out.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It was a mixture of things, which wasn't helped by the fact that, embarrassingly, a join I made in the original fuel pipe to join it to the intake on the injection fuel pump had just come apart. I don't know why, or how, after two years of driving the car, it would just suddenly decide to fall off whilst it was sitting in a carpark not moving, but there you go. I only noticed it *after* I'd bought a replacement fuel pump and was underneath the car about to fit it. Still, it did finally solve the mystery of why the fuel pump wasn't pumping any fuel....

Doh!!!!!

(I was hoping no one would ask me how I fixed it)

;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Yes, I think you are right, But I'm sure D'oh!!!!! is the correct pronunciation.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

:D

Reply to
Nom

Bah! I really can't rememeber how many hours I spent trying to start that thing, wondering what was happening. I even changed the injectors. Stupid!!! ARGHGHG!!!!!

To be fair, I'd completely forgotten about the join in the pipe, so I only checked it at the fuel pump and the fuel tank.

Felt nice to drive it again though, if a little 'upright' compared to the

944.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B