Should I or shouldn't I?

Been looking for a new car for the gf - she's settled on a '98 Scorpio

2.3 Ultima Estate, so I hope the 2.3 isn't a bad engine... but I spotted a Toyota Sera behind the garage where we found the Ford.

Apparently they bid on it as a trade in based on pics in email; when they got it, it was rather worse than expected, needing lights, and it won't run.

Should I make a silly offer? Seras are £2.5K and up now (used to be no less than £4K) and they're a bit mad, gullwing Toyota Paseos essentially.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Wasn't there one of these on "Deals on Wheels" on Sky a while back? Bloke couldn't get a bag of chips for it! Corolla running gear, isn't it?

Knowing your liking for something out of the ordinary, it should suit you down to the ground! Don't know much about them; perhaps worth getting in touch with a) a grey importer for spares availability and b) an insurer of grey imports...it could be shocking!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Howard

Essentially - the Paseo is a Corolla in drag. 1.5 16v lump, with auto and A/C. Slow, most likely ;)

Trim and bodywork is scary-expensive, but I may yet be able to get this car for sensible money even considering the amount of work it needs. Would have to sell the Golf, though, and my gf has just bought a '98 Scorpio Ultima 2.3i Est (with some persuasion from me) so we've got to cut down on total cars ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick