Since no one mentioned it in my abscence...

...Top Gear on Sunday :) I have decided i NEED to go round the 'ring.

Also, s**te old people carrier racing had me crying with laughter. That Mitsubishi bouncing under cornering was just too much :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Would be fun to organise a road trip in the summer to the ring "Nuremberg" or how ever you spell it! And see who can get the fastest lap time ;)

Yeah did you see that toyota "space wagon" handle as it went round the hair pin!!! it was bobbing up and down like a damn space hopper!

  • there's no top gear on this sunday I think due to the snooker... I like snooker and I play it quite alot along side the local pub pool league, but I want my damn tv motor show fix!

Maybe I should join in with all you chav's and get sky, and watch "pimp my ride"...... maybe not!

Reply to
REMUS

I don't have Sky :)

And obviously i'd have the fastest lap time. Warrenty. Europe wide breakdown and replacement car cover. :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Wouldnt we all have to get that type of cover anyway to take our cars abroad?

lol! I have been talking to a few people who have constructed rally and 1/4 mile drag calibra's and by the summer I could have a 2.3 aero spec saab turbo rwd cali with 6 speed omega transmission :) which should be pushing out 300+ bhp with an ecu upgrade and remap how ever wether I can be asked to spend £2k+ on a calibra is another thing altogether :P especailly since calibras are fast enough with just a c20xe 150 bhp engine.

But I think it would be a good idea to get it organised!

Reply to
REMUS

the Nuremberg trip i mean

Reply to
REMUS

And then you woke up with a sticky wet patch on the duvet......

Reply to
SteveH

Indeed, people have done it before before but I see little point in building a car that I can't use.

Reply to
REMUS

Only 861km for me to travel lol!

REMUS

f*ck knows why the link isn't working atm, but this travel calculator thing is really useful, beats getting the map out every time.

REMUS
6 spd omega.... hmmm
Reply to
Theo

So have i, but i dont have a gay 206 :p

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'm comfortable enough with my hetrosexuality to pull of driving a 206 ;)

Or summet.

Reply to
DanTXD

3.0 was 6 speed wasn't it? The 3.2 was auto only i beleive?

Anyone?

Reply to
DanTXD

Organise it for a weekend when Spa-francorchamp is also available - it's only an hour from the Nurburgring. Leave work on Friday night, spend saturday at the 'Ring, spend sunday perfecting your "flat through Eau Rouge" technique and back at work monday morning to tell everybody about it. And I hope you like drinking Stella Artois - at the refreshment kiosks at Spa it's cheaper than coffee for a glass of draught....

Reply to
Neil McDonald

You should really go out for a drink with Rob.

Ooh, the voice of reason. Steady on!

Yep, put the money towards a decent car :-)

Yep, very good idea.

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Stella + Eau Rouge probably not a good mix

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Is it an automatic?

Reply to
Simon Dent

Thats what i call multi-tasking!! Make sure you dont stain the loverly new interior though!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hmmm, maybe i chose my words wrongly :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I have a avi/mpg/divx/wmv/3gp files capture of the race. it was funny.

If anyone wants the wmv, email,not post, withyour addy to send to, and put TOPGEAR in caps in subj, to get pass spam filter.

Reply to
Neil B