Small Subs

No, not the Russian-built Alfa class nuclear submarine.

Nor the kind you get at Subway (hmmmmm Subway).

I'm wanting a respectable quality subwoofer set up. I don't give a toss about what it looks like or how loud it's supposed to go, I just want something simple, something cheap but something to add a bit of bass to our audio set up. Something relatively small, _portable_ sub (so I can take it out without too much difficulty).

I guess that there's no such thing, but I don't have a clue where to start, until now ICE in Kermit was either caused by the environment or the in-Ka fridge. :)

Any pointers, clues and suggestions?

Ideally something I can get set up for the Pothunter rally so even if we come last, we'll rock out some tooonz for the laydees, eh, Astravanman? :)

Reply to
DervMan

you want this one

Tim S Kemp

These sounds pretty good, and it might fit under the seat...

DanTXD

Buy mine Buy mine :)

It's been sitting around for a few weeks now, and needs a good home

Reply to
Ronny

Thanks!

Reply to
DervMan

Cool, thanks!

Reply to
DervMan

If I didn't fear taking the car to dealer to get it re-programmed to recognise a new stereo, that's what i'd have :-) Had a cheapo 12" in a box in the boot of the 405, actually sounded quite good considering it was an SPLX and cost me £50 inc SPLX amp off a mate :)

Reply to
DanTXD

wire it across the back speakers through an attenuator?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I dunno what that is.

It ran from the Sub out on the head unit, and the amp was powered off the battery obviously - wasn't wired off the speakers.

Reply to
DanTXD

Where? Where?

Reply to
DervMan

I have a couple of these:

for my KG and having tested them in place of my infinity Perfect 12" they go more than loud enough and have a good "punch".

Reply to
Depresion

See

The sub is the one showed in the pic, and the amp is next to it, I also have a kenwood 10" which will go with it :)

All for a small sum

Reply to
Ronny

Subway Melt, BMT, or Chipotle Southwest cheese steak? Where does your allegiance lie?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I'm still trying the rest of the range!

It's Tim Kemp's fault that I like Subway! ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Toasted sweet onion teryaki man here.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Haven't tried it but but tempted. Was disappointed by the cheese steak, but think I prefer the Melt over the BMT.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I usually grab a 6" daily special for lunch, with single cheese, all the salad and chili/olive/gherkin, but no sauce (watching my weight).

I do have two sub club cards saved up though. May treat myself to a 6" melt on Friday, as Tuna has been off th menu and they have been substituting it with a seafood cocktail.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

istr someone on this group is selling an amp and sub.

Reply to
Theo

I like the high prices, the smell of ozone and the dirty homeless people.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Near us, Subway is one of the cheapest eating establishments. Much cheaper than MaccyD, Supermarket cafe/butties/local butty wagons, when you think you actually get real food,and a choice of how much lard is on it.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2