Russian Zil Cars

They built some nice looking cars.I wouldn't mind if I own a Zis.101a Especially with a bright red color. Spotey looking car.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

zil passenger cars were for high ranking party members as I recall.

We might start seeing something similar once GM is nationalized ;)

Reply to
Brent

They are still around. Much like Marmon, though, they got out of the car business years ago and now only make large trucks.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I read an article somewhere in that website which says some of those ZIS car bodies were bought from Buick.

About 38 years ago, I read an article in one of my many car books I have here which says David Dunbar Buick invented a way to bind porcelain to wrought iron. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I think the original ZIS tooling came from Hudson.... In the lend-lease era, Hudson sent the Russians all the tooling for a recently obsolete model, and the early ZIS models were unmodified Hudsons.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey