Smell in Aircon

Good point, well made ;-)

Reply to
Douglas Hall

You've got poor or blocked drainage from your condensor (or crappy aircon design) if that's the case.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

None ECC do it too - and it's P1 platform onwards (S80 / S60/ New V70). Although the manual doesn't say it does my non-ECC does it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm surprised about that - on ECC cars I can understand it - the ECC unit has direct control over the fans, and it (the ECC unit) is responsible for controlling the air-con as and when it wants.

But in a manual air-con car, the fans, flaps and ducting are all manually controlled. So how / why would it know, and presumably it must have some overriding control of the fans above and beyond the switch on the dash.

As an aside, some owners have been a bit spooked by it happening when they've been sat in the car, or around when it happened.

Reply to
Douglas Hall

Because. All P1 platform cars have electronically controlled bits, the ECC versions have an internal temp sensor and a sunshine sensor, along with auto settings for aircon, recirc (pollution sensor) and control flaps. All that changes are the sensors and the control unit (below the radio). And a section of the main control program...

Gotta love volvos - if you want to annoy a P1 platform car owner nick his mirror.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp