Somebody buy this !

That's crazy but wouldn't a car speaker sound s**te indoors? Or is that a myth?

Reply to
fishman

Pick up only. Other side of the world. And I'm still considering putting in a bid.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Myth. But it would sound better if it was downfiring.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yeah but it would look a bit funny in deathstar terms with a massive magnet and coil sticking out of it!

Reply to
fishman

Not really a Myth, Car stereo stuff is 4 ohm where as Home stereo stuff is 8 ohm, so you will find car stereo speakers tend to distort under load when run from a home amp.

Reply to
Ronny

i like it a lot.

Reply to
Theo

You don't think it's a bit stupid to publicly mention how much you've bid up to?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'd say it was a bit stupid to admit to bidding on that monstrosity at all ;)

Reply to
-=Vehiculo Longo=-

no peter. if someone was interested in bidding less than what i have bid, then the chances are they will not bid as they know they have no chance of winning. thus each bid that is not placed keeps the price down for meeeee

Reply to
no longer a registered user

How little you know.

Think about it. All the seller needs to do is get a friend to bid up to £395, and he knows he'll instantly push the price up to £400.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Just retract your bid, and put a new one in, simple :)

Reply to
Ronny

won it :)

Reply to
no longer a registered user

Then you clearly hadn't bid up to £400 at the time as you weren't high bidder at around the £200 mark.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

He bid 400 but as a proxy bid, so it would only go up to 400 had someone bid against him

Reply to
Ronny

"no longer a registered user" wrote in message news:RksDe.4691$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...

Some of the questions and answers are class :)

Q: What sort of defenses does it have, if on the off chance.. there is a Rebel attack. I don't really want to cough up for this only to have it destroyed by some pesky X-Wing fighters. 13-Jul-05 A: It protects itself by oscillating the atmosphere around it at low frequencies. An X-Wing would fall apart before it got close.

begin 666 x.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

begin 666 s.gif M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```,# P ```"'Y! $```(`+ `````!``$```(" $5 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Ronny

Yes, but it still would have made him the high bidder when it was around the £200 mark had he placed the bid as he had said.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Agreed !

Q:Will it include any anti-attack firing batteries to ensure my girlfriend doesn't mount a sneak attack? I suspect she is a rebel sympathizer. A:It's defenses against girlfriends are a known weakness... hence the reason it's on ebay :)

Q:Look at the size of that thing! A:Cut the chatter, Red 2.

Q: Please can you confirm whether it is the black or red thermal exhaust port that leads directly to the Main Reactor? A: You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Reply to
Nom

Only if you have a *really* s**te amp. A good amp will have a damping factor of about 300-500, which gives it an output impedance in the region of 16-26 milliohms. This is much much less than either 4 or 8 ohms of the speaker, so the amplifier basically doesn't care which you have. For the sub, I'd imagine he'd be using a dedicated power amp, which will probably be rated appropriately in any case.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Not at all, most semi-serious separate home amps will easily cope with a

4ohm load.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..