Steve H, you're a tw@

Look what all this talk of Alfa 164's has made me go and do...

Pete M

I may well be doing that with the Passat when I get back from my hols.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh no - just sold the GTM for £1600 and have already been considering an LPG car ( I work near a Morrisons - lpg @ 29p/litre)

I can feel the gravity pulling me in.........................

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Well, there's obviously only one solution.

It's Alfa shaped. Has a 24v V6 and room in the boot for an LPG tank ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

In news:434d4f14$0$49022$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Bugger, someone's just offered me one of the old TWR Jag XJR Sport things for it.

These Jag things any good?

Reply to
Pete M

What era? The old late 80s type one, V12?

I remember what you said about V12 Jag fuel consumption....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:FMr3f.69$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nah, it's a 4.0 one, allegedly 280 bhp.... I think I'll have to read up on these things.. and quickly

Reply to
Pete M

NO!!!!!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Fraser Johnston decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I think that's the plan to be honest.

Besides, there are some lovely Alfas about.....

Reply to
Pete M

Does it really matter ?

You're considering an Alfa after all, not like you're concerned with whether it will break down or not... :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.ntlworld.com, Lordy.UK decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I've *never* had an Alfa break down in my ownership, and I've had about 8 of the bloody things.

In fact, I've never had a single major problem with an Alfa. I suspect this is why I'm after another one.

Reply to
Pete M

I killed my 33 16v, but that was very old and very abused :-)

I did have a clutch cylinder fail on a 75, but that can happen to any old car with a hydraulic clutch.

Other than that, utterly reliable.

Reply to
SteveH

You should buy lotto tickets. The odds of winning lotto are less than owning an Alfa and not having it break down.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston