Still can't find a replacement fuel sender in the UK.

Typical that it is a=20 A)Weird. B)=A366+VAT from Eurocarparts

from the states where that link is it is =A363 at current exchange,=20would need shipping and is quite delicate inside. Will have to keep searching I guess.=20

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

"NeedforSwede2" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net... Typical that it is a A)Weird. B)£66+VAT from Eurocarparts

from the states where that link is it is £63 at current exchange,would need shipping and is quite delicate inside. Will have to keep searching I guess.

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Might be an idea. It is a VDO part. I could paypal the money to you if you work out what it would cost for=20 part and shipping.

I'll keep trying here, but if you find a source let me know. Don't buy=20 it until I say yay, or nay, but the offer is much appreciated.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Do you have a partnumber and the price you are willing to pay for it?

There is an independant Saab/dealer/mechanic nearby.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I don't have the orginal part number no. Saab locally don't list that part anymore. I'm trying to find a Saab EPC to see if I can find what it's part number would have been.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

One local, boot locked, they lost the keys, would halp bust it open.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

are good and you can haggle when theysometimes get back to you with a loony price!

Reply to
fishman

Looks like it might be something like

8980393

That number keeps showing up on some european sites, but they are in russian and polish or american (who won't ship to europe).

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

With something as delicate as a Sender (yes as mine bust I got to see what was inside) I reckon new might be best.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Can you not just use a universal kit to replace it with?

This type of thing:

Questions

Possibly. Thing is, if it doesn't work, and I'm out of pocket, the gauge=20 can't be swapped to match either.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

It would usually be possible to fiddle sommat up to suit. If, as it usually does, the gauge reads according to a range of resistance from the sensor, any sensor that works via a resistance range can be used but you add in a resistor in parallel or series to set the range. Depends on how you do that as to whether the gauge then reads linearly etc, e.g. it might be that half full becomes a third of a tank or vice versa. Or you can tweak things properly so that it is actually accurate. I mean, there's all sorts of solutions that will work out better than a duff gauge.

I bet there are lots of people in here who can work out precisely what you could do to get it working right, given the figures. I reckon I could, even.

Reply to
Questions

I reckon I could physically maybe find a sender with the right resistance dange.

But it is a dip tube rather than a float arm type, and is secured by a screw down ring on a threaded collar rather than the normal 6/8/10 screws/bolts. And the tank threads and collar are both plastic.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2