Free Mod (Worth every penny)

Last night I reprogrammed my power steering through my laptop with a £20 ebay cable to weight it up a bit and it feels so much better now, considering the car is sold as being at the "sporty" end of the range and it's a 5 min job to do (considering I'd never done it before) I don't get why they aren't sold like that. It's a shame I can't program in a quicker rack while I'm at it.

Reply to
Depresion

What is it?

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

The car? A 2004 Ibiza FR with a few little tweaks round the edges from people like Forge (at the front) and (Jabba at the back) Currently resisting the temptation to let JBS fit some bits from Quaife, Sachs and FK mainly due to the cost.

The laptop? Toshiba P10-804 with some OS tweaks to make it run faster and use less RAM, but it still needs more to run the 3D stuff I use.

Reply to
Depresion

Hmm, I have a laptop, vag-com and a cable. I wonder if I could do the same to my Octavia. Steering weight and feel is my one dislike.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Probably if you find the steering assist module then go to recode you should get a 5 digit number (mine was 00121) the 2nd digit from the right is the level of assistance with 1 being the highest and 5 the lowest (don't you just love German logic) so I bumped it upto 5 and it's still not exactly heavy but it's a noticeable difference. Make sure you keep a note of the original setting just on the off chance that things are different on the golf platform.

Reply to
Depresion

Hmm had a look it may only be post 2003 cars that have it, earlier ones will have a code 00110.

Reply to
Depresion

It sayes here that VAG-Com won't do yours (golf platform) or mine, Passat

20v T Sport, unfortunately
Ken
Reply to
Ken (the sane one)