Argh! Temptation.

Just found at a dealer's in Bristol.

2000W Alfa 156 2lt TSpark Lusso. Nuvola blue with black leather. £2799.

Argh!

Should I? - if I can get them to do me a deal of Passat + £1k for it?

Reply to
SteveH

I think Mr Panzer wants to pay off your CC

Reply to
fishman

I know, I know.

But I've just cleared all but 450 quid of it now.....I'd just grab an instantly paid loan from the bank for 12 months and do it..... madness, really, but for the sake of 50 quid in interest, I don't want to raid cash reserves.

Thing is, I love 156s, and have been looking for one that'll be roughly a straight swap for the Panzer..... but the chance to buy a Nuvola with black leather for that money is just *tooo* tempting.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm sort of hoping the misses will talk me out of it tonight.

But it's Nuvola.

*drool*
Reply to
SteveH

:) CC or shiny Italian thing. Prace bets now :)

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

If it'll make you happy do it. Lifes to short to be unhappy. And money comes and goes.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Heh. It will make me very happy. Nuvola is a lovely colour. I'd have to be *very* careful with it, though, 'cos you can't get dentmaster to repair one in that colour - any bodywork damage means a full respray.

Reply to
SteveH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Reply to
Pete M

I'm sure you're going to tell us all you know someone who can do a perfect job of single panel resprays of Nuvola, or can touch up chips and scratches - but I'm sure that no matter what someone says they can do, they can't. It's a lovely colour, but it really does show if you try localised repairs.

As for cambelts, you know exactly what he's talking about - it's playing Russian Roulette to try and run one to the interval in the handbook, as well you know.

Reply to
SteveH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

If you do, you may forever be wishing you'd paid off your credit card. But I doubt it.

If you don't, you'll forever be kicking yourself for letting it go.

Why are you asking anyway?!

If I'd just spotted a Ferrari F360d conversion I'd not ask... ;)

Reply to
DervMan

This is true, but as I've said, I've just got it under 500 quid, so it's not a big deal, really, is it?

The other thing is that I'm having to suspend pension contributions for

6 months until I qualify for the Smiths scheme, so I'll only blow that money (£300-odd / month) on something frivolous if I don't spend it on a car.

Phoned them earlier - FSH, 112k miles. 2 owners. Just need to check it out carefully.

Yup, you're right.

I was kind of hoping someone would talk me out of it, but everyone has said 'do it', including Katie.... she likes Nuvola.

Hehehe. You're a sick bastard at times, you know.

Reply to
SteveH

With your new job, you'll be paying it off with one week then you have three and a bit weeks to waste the rest of the cash. :)

I work in the financial services industry, so perhaps I'm hugely jaundiced, but six months at £300 paying off your credit card is much better value than something you won't be able to get until you're 65 (usual disclaimer here).

Yes.

Therein is the reason why you should get it. What's the worst case scenario - the car is a lemon. It's in a beautiful colour so somebody will buy it.

The evidence against not doing it is kinda stacked against you.

One, you love the 156. Two, you love the colour. Three, Katie loves the colour. Four, you can afford it. Five, you won't be doing anywhere near as many miles. Six, it's a diesel, oh bugger, no it's not. But it's not the V6 either.

Yup; but you take my point, right? Providing it's in good nick, how long will it be until the next one comes along (unless they're like busses of course...).

Reply to
DervMan

Won't make any difference... pay is the same.

Only I'll have less outgoings in terms of running costs.

I know what you mean, but you have to commit to a pension, so it's not something you can pick and choose over.

Heh. Got me on point 6. If it had been a 2.4JTD for that money, I'd have bought it this morning.

Yup. Nuvola ones are very rare, 'cos it was a £2k option on a new one.

It will always sell, and very easily.

The stumbling block will be the Passat.

Reply to
SteveH

"HFM???"

Did they coat the car with copious amounts of gold leaf?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Heh, now you know why hardly anyone had it. It is a very special colour.

I wonder if the dealer knows this, 'cos it's not really priced accordingly for the colour.

Reply to
SteveH

I dunno so much - the colour, is like all the other options you can order when a car is new, and then look in dismay a few years later, when they add no real value as such to the cars resale worth... if anything, they just make the car easier to sell.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

If you can get a dealer to give you that sort of allowance on the Pissrat, you should bite their hand off.

I'm going to see if I can get £1,500 for my '99 V-reg Subaru Outback.

Prace bets now...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

heh. The 'black book' books the Passat at £1975 on 75k miles. Mine has done nearly double that.....

Mind you, it's a miserable, wet October. Not the best time of year to be flogging cars. Maybe a grand in the bank will look attractive.

Reply to
SteveH