Stupid irish question from the stupid irish boy #54: INJECTORS

Those little caps on the end, are they important?

The seals/o-rings between the injector and manifold, does it matter if they're split?

(yes, i got a tad impatient tonight)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

3 Bar + of fuel pressure...................

But as the injector head protrudes into the IM you should get away with just running very very slightly lean on that cyl from the air leak it'll pull in, or rich under boost. If the ones in the fuel rail are split then worry, but do get it sorted ASAP matey.

Reply to
**-**

Depends. The pressure in the manifold is lower than air (vacuum) so if they're damaged air could be drawn in past the seals. Which would weaken the mixture.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The ones in the rail are fine. I was switchin the standard injectors for 21 turbo ones tonight but the the seals were different sizes. Managed to snap on takin it off me old injector :( then managed to break the little cap bit on the new injector. Still fits on and seems secure but would be afraid the injector might spray 60 degrees to the side now ;)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

Guess i better get a seal then, just to be sure. Just been told the cap is only to hold the seal in place, guess its not really important then?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

Is the turbo project back on then?

Ron

Stripped my old 19 and sold me turbo kit bits for around 4.5k then bought a

95% complete 19 turbo for about 1k. Good idea, i thought :)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

LOL cool the lazy bugger method is one i accept and understand :) hence why i'm looking to import a slightly modded MR2 turbo now :)

what kinda power you expecting?

Reply to
Vamp

Not much. Around 190bhp at the most. Standard is 137.

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

190! bah sod it mate a standard MR2 turbo makes more :)
Reply to
Vamp

Yes but i bet my integrale could beat one ;)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

well ok but i think it would be a pretty level fight :) plus the MR2 would beat it off the line as the integrale is 4WD aint it?

Reply to
Vamp