Another "Which car?" Post

I fancy something small, fast and red. Needn't be practical as I've got a Volvo to lug stuff around in. RWD and cheap would be nice too.

Reply to
Doki

in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, "Doki" slurred :

s13 200sx? Fast, RWD, going for well under £1k now and are available in red :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Does the roof come off?

Reply to
Doki

Only after you hit a tree hard enough.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Shouldn't take me long ;).

Reply to
Doki

Well angle grinders are less than a fiver nowadays, so everything is a potential convertible. If you aren't into modded cars ;) then I think there was a targa-top option, but not a proper convertible.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

There was a convertible version of the S13 in Japan but they are rare as rockinghorse shit. Other than that remember the old saying "Have angle grinder, will modify."

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I've decided they're too ugly now and want a SAAB 99 again... And a S1 Lotus Esprit, and a BMW 2002. And a Seven of some variety, and a Jag, and I wouldn't say no to a 60s or 70s Mustang either.

Reply to
Doki

i think you are being too picky deciding what car to get next :)

Reply to
dojj

I went and looked at an A6 Quattro Avant TDI a while back, and the bloke actually had some rocking horse shit, given to him by his mate because his care was a rare find.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Not RWD, but a while back you were asking about prices for A6 TDIs - there's one on ebay at the moment with 220k on the clock and no tax or MOT, but pretty much full service history, just needs a couple of minor things doing, and looks very clean from the photos. But you're probably after something a bit more fun than that. It's a 140bhp SE model as well, so pretty desirable, and even with the mileage would be a doddle to sell on if you get bored of it.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Too dear for me. I reckon 80s and 90s are more my end of the price range...

Reply to
Doki

BMW 2002? Nice looking, but only the turbo's worth it, surely?

Go for a Dolly Sprint, better car in it's day, still not shabby, and often cheap to get hold of.

You know it makes sense really :)

Reply to
Stuffed

Why red? Are you a girl?

Reply to
fishman

I couldn't interest you in an E21 320 could I?

Reply to
Depresion

I don't know. How cheap is it?

Reply to
Doki

Not cheap enough. GET A BLOODY JOB !

When I was at Uni ('96 to '99) I was loaded. Money from my Summer Job easily paid me through the year - £2000 of student loan just sat in my bank account doing nothing, until I spent half of it on my first car :)

Reply to
Nom

I've got a job thanks. I'm currently saving to go on holiday, hence any car I'm offered now would have to be bloody cheap.

Reply to
Doki

So surely you should wait till after you've been holiday before you look for another car....? Besides, your mum won't let you get another ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Alfa 75 V6.

Cheap as chips for a slightly scruffy one - spend a few quid on tidying it up and you'll turn in a profit when you come to sell it, too.

Reply to
SteveH