The gods are playing game again.

I wonder if he fancies a trade for my Celsior. It would be nice to get the old mongrel back for less than I sold it for.

Reply to
Elder

Might be easier to click like

Elder

Getting it back would be cool :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I just noticed on the thread, the last post was oct21, but the forum was shut after politics until today.

I really missed that car, and I could get mid 30's from that and still play.

Reply to
Elder

That makes more sense than an ugly ancient japanese minivan.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Elder, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Twas a nice enough thing, but I think you'd sorely miss the Toybota if you got the Saab back.

Get something else, honestly. That Saab was ok, but nothing special.

Reply to
Pete M

That's true.

Reply to
Pete M

I'm going to snap it up if I can. It is less than I sold it for, looks like the slight grot on the arches has been done.

And it has a years ticket. Definatley want that car. I can get low to mid 30's out of that car.

I regretted selling it as soon as it drove away.

Reply to
Elder

It was very special. It was my first proper car. It was the oldest car I owned. It had a very rare (like 2 in the whole country) trim option. It was proper fast, and being an 84/early 85, it was the very first gen

16v turbo, and had the lairy cam. Later ones were much gentler under boost.

And you missed the chance to buy it because you bought the TT Siera. ;)

I think I did more miles in that old Saab than any other car I owned.

Reply to
Elder

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Elder, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

That's true.

:-o

That was a fast one??? It didn't feel, um, quick.

Well, there is that, but it underwhelmed me, performance wise. Felt quite a bit slower than my ol' Sierra 4x4. (not the turbo one..)

If that was a quick one, and I do believe you when you say that is was/is, I suspect the Saab 900 Turbo 16 is off my list of things to own.

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed now.

Reply to
Pete M

0-60 was always crap, but 50-90 was storming. It was faster in 5th 50-90 than a testarossa in 4th.

They were proper haulers. Nowt below 2.5-3k and if you used the boost in

1st and second you could break the gearbox.
Reply to
Elder

Nicely massaged stats.

4th in a Testarossa was geared for around 200mph, 5th in the 900 for 140mph.

Drop the Testarossa to 3rd (or even 2nd), which would probably be around the same gearing and try again.

Reply to
SteveH

Was still very useable.

I surprised a 4pot M3 over the M62 high point in that car. I was coming back from Elvington, in the 3rd lane at 85 passing the other 2 solid lanes.

Saw a kidney grille come screaming up behind me flashing and tooting. I tried to resist, but when he got right up my arse I couldn't resist.

I booted it, shot away to 110, then pulled into the first gap and backed off. It took 10 seconds of hard accelerating before it came past me and I could see the M3 badge.

Reply to
Elder

E30 M3s aren't about straightline speed, though - he'd have walked away from you at the first sign of a few bends.

A lot of people seem to believe the M3 was seriously quick in a straight line - it wasn't and was never designed with that in mind.

Reply to
SteveH

Saab 900s, proper ones, not Vectras were pretty quick on the handling too.

I miss that engine sound too.

?v=F-wtxwo3P-M
?docid=8110643026290202970 I really want another elkmotor.

Reply to
Elder

Go for something different and get a T5 if you're after that sort of thing. Sound better than a Saab ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

s/That/Anything

Reply to