ooo new tyre's

got new tyres going on now! gone for Falkens which i've had before and found ok on my MK1 so hopefully will be good on the MKII next time though i may go for yokohama A022 as that's what the tyres were on the MR2 turbo's out the factory or maybe some toyo's as the tread pattern is just so cool :)

went to a local garage but they had some excelent tyre's to chose from! may go on etyre's next time for convience and they seem the same price as my local garage and i don't have to go anywhere either that way hehe :)

----------------------------------------------------------------- Owner of a black

1993 MR2 Turbo (import car)

Previous beast

1985 MR2 MK1 (UK car)
Reply to
Vamp

D'oh no falkens so got uni royals, they seem ok so far, HUGE tread on these, wouldn't look outta place on an off roader! hehe still will use etyres.co.uk and go for the yoko's or Toyo T1's next time :)

Reply to
Vamp

etyres.co.uk

Which uniroyals? Rallye 550s? Had them on the Volvo and they were bloody good! Now 2 of them are on the MX5 and improved the handling lots!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

rallye 440's i think these say? there damn big and wide mind! 225/55/15

Reply to
Vamp

LOL at Vamp and his Volvo tractor tyres.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Carl Gibbs" slurred :

Aye - got them on my '205 & '405 and they are very good in the wet. (and the dry, but then pretty mvch all tyres are fine in the dry...)

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

no joke mate! some serious tread on these things! managed to lose traction going into 2nd today and the noise was great :) nice good screach! mind you i don't think my clutch liked it :)

Reply to
Vamp

I haven't managed to get anything to unstick in the GT4, mind you I do tend to launch and coner like your granny (too old to tart about).

Maybe it is the natural understeer bias and wear in the bushes. I have been told that the uprated ARB and new bushes I have on order, along with the decat pipe will help give it back a slight WRC style tailout stance on corners.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

excellent! we want pics if it does too and not the after pics of it up a tree :)

Reply to
Vamp

Just been looking at them. Do you know how difficult it is to locate a set of 215/50x15 Z rated tyres.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'll see if I can get it to slide when it is fitted. Might be a while yet though. I ordered them from 935motorsport in the US in January. Mid feb said there would be a 4 week wait from order until the parts arrived in the US from Australia, but only 1 week wait for the downpipe which he would hold onto until the Whiteline kit arrived.

Still says awaiting Whiteline on the order status online. Might be a month or two before I can get it booked in and afford to get them fitted.

The Caramic brake pads arrived, but the discs are in worse state than I imagined, so rather than knacker some new pads on a set of shagged discs, I have some DBA RooPaws on order from SRB power.

Grooved discs and ceramic pads should help things stop abit, and help the ABS show itself.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I seem to be able to get Pirelli P7000's that are on it now no problem, might be able to get Toyos OK, but Bridgestones don't seem to make the Potenza in a 15" 50 series in that width, even 17" seems to be harder to find. Loads in 205 and 225 or wider, but 215 seems to be a silly size.

I do quite fancy 17" MOs or OZ superturismo WRC's, but something else in my head says find a set of 15 or 16" OZ Rally Racing Gravel wheels and pay over the odds for them.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar