Tonight I have mostly been drving...

The Alfa :-)

I thought something was meant to have fallen off or broken by now.... That must be literally weeks I've had it now and I've spent precisely zero on it so far.

Must fix the drivers door lock ( which is a wee bit dodgy sometimes) and the thermstat could be replaced to help it warm up a bit quicker. but err - that's it.

Now - wheels. It's currently on 14" steelies, so I fancy some alloys.

Any thought on these ones ?

- and mine's green - not red.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

They're at least 2 inches too small ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Right - but I'm old. They're 2 inches too big IMHO, so 15" is as big as I'll go - especially for a small car. I actually want it to handle :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Noooooo! Aftermarket alloys are so wrong on an Alfa.

I don't know where you are, but these look good and are cheap if you can pick them up:

SteveH

Without even clicking the link - 5 stud ?

On a 145 ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ahhh, f*ck, I'd forgotten about that.

Still, have a look on ebay, it's bound to turn up something.

Reply to
SteveH

I do - continually.

Speedlines would be good ;-) I am also considering some suspension mods as well - to overcome the sometimes comedy handling. Although I'll try it on real tyres first. The current Pirellis are in fine condition, but they are more shopping trolley spec than I would choose. Would really like to try some Yoko A539s as a good compromise (on the 'new' wheels).

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

There's an Alfa breaker in Liverpool - PeteM knows him. Could try them.

Remember, wheels from the 33 and 155 also fit - most came with OEM Speedline 'pepperpots', which will be spot on for a 145 of your vintage.

Reply to
SteveH

Bad form.... but.... Yoko A539s are the tyres of the gods.

Reply to
SteveH

After 48s, yes :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

that's why toyota had yokohama's on the MR2 turbo MKII and the NA MKII as well i think, because yoko's are the badgers nadgers at tyres!

Reply to
Vamp

I'm torn between Yoko A539s and Bridgestone Potenza RE720s at the moment (for the Volvo). Have A539s got reinforced sidewalls? Dont think they used to, which put me off in the past

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yesterday my Beetle got to enjoy a run to Glasgow, having been emptied of water (4 litres+) and jumpstarted.

Today, I got the Sera out for a nice run. Yellow foglights work very nicely, but the new suspension and engine mounting can't happen too soon (Tuesday - plus MOT time. Argh).

XR4i has been neglected a bit... I don't know if I can deal with the welding.

Fax offer for a Mercedes A150 Classic SE is sitting on my desk looking appealing... but not as appealing as the cheaper deals on RX8s (not the

230hp)...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

If the running costs are even remotely sensible, get the RX8. You will never look back on your time with an A class and think of it as special, whereas an RX8......

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle