Way, wat OT: Kazaa

What is it with Kazaa these days - almost every track I download is all corrupted and makes a noise like a ZX spectrum on acid.

Reply to
fishman

In news:BiqZc.70627$ snipped-for-privacy@hydra.nntpserver.com, fishman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ewww @ Kazaa..

BitTorrent is the way...

or WinMX if you know how to use it properly (I do)

Reply to
Pete M

It used to be that if you turned down the max sources you'd end up with less spectrum noises, dunno if that still works though.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yep, WinMX, Bittorrent and Emule/EDonkey Great if you want to pick up full back catalogues by bands as huge zip/rar files in one hit.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Why on earth are you using Kazaa when you clearly know how to operate Newsgroups ?

Get yourself to

and
and start downloading.

Peer2Peer is for people who don't know any better :)

Reply to
Nom

"Nom" wrote

Because I remembered how to use them from when I was a teenage computer nerd. Man I even knew how to set up a BBS using RemoteAccess or Wildcat.

I'm now elevated to "user" status rather than someone who knows overly much about computers.

Reply to
fishman

Nom works in IT(by his own admission). That says it all :)

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)

Yeah, there is that :)

Reply to
Nom

Kewl. Tomcat and olx-td on day 45,234 of your free trial. :)

Ah, how I miss taglines.

Reply to
Questions