Today, i test drove...

TBH it was probably the driver though not the car! A lot of Scooby drivers like to think they are Colin McRae, but actually have no clue how to drive a car quickly (unless its on a motorway)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

ah f*ck i hate the 206 cc there slow as s**te too!

Reply to
Vamp

i'd give it a go, which micra is this? i wanna laugh as it blasts off into orbit :)

Reply to
Vamp

Vamp - remember the Champion spark plugs and Jenna Jameson incidents...

Reply to
Dan405

That would be the Porsche GT3 - the lightweight RWD carbon filled turbo nutter one :)

Reply to
Dan405

Not really. It's a Porsche for a start. I'll always think of them as the car of nouveau riche yuppy nobs. Something around MX5 size and price with a reasonably powerful motor is what I reckon should be made.

Reply to
Doki

douible declutching is when you press the cluitch to take it our of gear, then use the accelerator pedal to raise the revs and then press the clutch pedal again to syncronise the speeds of the gears to avoid the "crash" you get

this is still part of the hgv/psv test where you have to "accelerate using the gears until you have reached 3rd, then use the gears to slow you down and bring the vehicle to a halt" so you have to boot it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and then you have to let the engine braking slow you down, match the revs and drop it into 2nd again, then wait till it slows down again and mash it into first to bring it to a halt and seeing as 1st in some vehicles equates to redlinning the engine while procceding at a sedate 4 mph, it's not as easy as you would think :)

Reply to
dojj

Thats why i said the GT3 - the one that in the dry would've been quicker the Zonda and Konisburgdsjkneuifwdksmc thing :) It has none of your namby pamby aircon and crap :) It has carbon seats, probly not much bigger than an MX5 yet has a proper engine :) Also, none of the usual toffs would buy it, cos it doesn't have all the junk :)

Reply to
Dan405

na who'd be so stupid :)

Reply to
Vamp

Doki made the world a better place for us by saying..

TVR Tamora? (although it's probably the price of two MX5s)

Reply to
Pete M

Mmmm. Yep. It's a nice car, despite the badge on the front. I'd probably have a VX220 over an Elise anyway as I imagine they're a fair bit cheaper second hand.

Reply to
Doki

Yeah, but I doubt I can afford one (same goes for VX220). I could afford a cronkite old MX5 or MR2 but the hairdresser tag is too much :).

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Oh he wasn't messing arround. Just got stomped on. Once rolling, and on a straight line, a decent Saab 900 will piss on a turbo 2000, and keep up with a WRX.

BTW, which ones are the proper 2 door scoobs. Was hoping to replay today, when one of them was just in front of me just before the roundabout, but he turned off and went left instead of straight. Bugger.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Heh - but by then my GTi 180 would be in full swing and would've scampered away :)

I imagine a Ti would give it a much closer run for its money (the Gti 180 i mean) in a straight line, cos they have a low 0-60...

Reply to
Dan405

Hmmm. More likely he didn't really know how to drive his Scoob quick.

Unlikely. The WRX has 280bhp, and very short gearing.

The 22B. But they're not "proper" at all - they're special editions. Proper Scoobs are 4-door.

Reply to
Nom

TI isn't much cop at the 0-60 dash. But once rolling, it'd prolly be a bit quicker. Ingear times are certainly quicker on the TI, and it's got more/quicker topend.

Reply to
Nom

The 307 CC does though - the GTi180 lump is going into it shortly.

Reply to
Nom

snip

Mmmmmm, 22B...drool

Oh, they're "proper" all right! Proper as in the ultimate fast road Scooby - built without WRC "restrictions" :-)

Reply to
Jamesy

Your car's about 150BHP yeah?Your saying it can beat a 220bhp 4wd scooby?? Ahem

Surely not??

Reply to
Andy R

I think they're 180bhp aren't they? And the none-nutter scoobies are only just over 200bhp aren't they? In a straight line, once rolling, yea i'd say that was a fair bet, the Saab isn't losing a shed load in its transmission like the 4x4 scooby, and weighs a good deal less. I doubt it could live with a 280bhp WRX tho....

Reply to
Dan405